Who's having a Shamrock Shake today?

Options
fastfoodietofitcutie
fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I could make it work but I'd really have to watch what I eat the rest of the day. I don't think I want to give up this many carbs on 1 item.

Small: 530 calories, 15g fat, 86 carbs, 11g protein, 160 mg sodium
Medium: 660 calories, 19g fat, 109 carbs, 14g protein, 210 mg sodium

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I saw this shamrock shake recipe just because my kid is obsessed with them and it looks so easy.

Maybe I should make it for her tonight.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    It doesn't even look delicious, haha. Forget that recipe.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I had a sip of one last month and OMG it was so gross. Worst mint shake ever. Save your taste buds and go to Arby's instead and get one of their Andes Mint shakes. It's seriously 1000x better. I normally enjoy Mcdonald's but their shakes are terrible.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've never had one. I did make homemade mint chip ice cream (finally found the insert for my ice cream maker. It had been missing since we moved 2 years ago). My kids insisted that I add green food coloring to the ice cream.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I had a sip of one last month and OMG it was so gross. Worst mint shake ever. Save your taste buds and go to Arby's instead and get one of their Andes Mint shakes. It's seriously 1000x better. I normally enjoy Mcdonald's but their shakes are terrible.

I didn't know Arby's even had that shake. That's dangerous information!
  • theswanygirl
    theswanygirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I made Hungry Girls clean and green shamrock shakes for my 2 teenage boys this morning. One liked it and the other didn't. Since The one didn't I chose to have it. Only 2 smart points on Weight Watchers so thought I would give it a try. It wasn't bad. Not icecream based but made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and vanilla protein powder. Spinach to make it green.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I have to go out and get some mint chip ice cream and make them myself tonight. I have some green food coloring. Mmm. The spinach recipe looks dreadful. I suppose if f I tried that recipe, I'd leave out the spinach and add food coloring and I have glucomannan powder and some ice to thicken it up.

My mom used to green up all my food on St. Patrick's day. My oatmeal in the morning and then she'd make green mashed potatoes for supper.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    I made Hungry Girls clean and green shamrock shakes for my 2 teenage boys this morning. One liked it and the other didn't. Since The one didn't I chose to have it. Only 2 smart points on Weight Watchers so thought I would give it a try. It wasn't bad. Not icecream based but made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and vanilla protein powder. Spinach to make it green.

That's the one I posted :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't know which one you are talking about, but I made one from frozen banana slices, milk and mint leaves, and it was wonderful.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My husband went a got me a tub of Trutein Shamrock shake protein. So yes I will be having a shamrock shake tonight.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    My husband went a got me a tub of Trutein Shamrock shake protein. So yes I will be having a shamrock shake tonight.

You can buy this stuff in a store somewhere? I can only get it online. Any trutein flavor, not just that one. I wish I had a store around here that sold it.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »

You can buy this stuff in a store somewhere? I can only get it online. Any trutein flavor, not just that one. I wish I had a store around here that sold it.

We have two stores here in Lafayette that I know sell it. You can probably call the company body nutrition to see if there is a store that sells it in your area.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've never had one. I could tonight (my normal fast food dinner), but I was sick all evening last night so nothing even remotely sounds appetizing, let alone McDonalds.
  • rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Smashburger mint oreo haagen daaz milkshakes are buy one get one free if you wear green today. They are REALLY calorie dense, but easy to split and share.
    McDonald's is now ruined in comparison, lol.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I saw a recipe online that was half a cup of almond milk with an entire pint of halotop mint chip. 305 calories total. You could make it more shamrock-y by adding a bit extra mint extract if it isn't minty enough and some green food coloring (because the halotop mint chip isn't too green).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Nope because 1) I don't like mint stuff (tea is fine but I'm not wasting precious calories on it, 2) milk shakes are just not satisfying for me for the calories.

I totally had 550 calories worth of ice cream though.