It's one of those days...

Options
I'm craving a Starbucks, my coworker is sitting next to me chowing down a chicken biscuit and drinking a Caribou latte, another is eating a giant omelet in the next cube over, and my blackberries are hard and under ripe. I want my mommy... and a Belgian waffle!

*sigh* Help me get through this day today!

Replies

• pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Have a starbucks, just not one of those milkshakey things. Even add a scoop of chocolate protein powder to a cup of pikes roast (it is yummy).
    Have an egg white omelette!

Don't deprive, adapt!
  • amieleighmac84
    amieleighmac84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have a starbucks, just not one of those milkshakey things. Even add a scoop of chocolate protein powder to a cup of pikes roast (it is yummy).

Don't deprive, adapt!

Agreed!!!! Its all about taking what you love (within reason) and modifying to a healthier choice!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, yup. I'm heading down to Starbucks now for a skinny caramel latte.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Cup of regular coffee (not a shot of espresso) + <1/4c. skim milk + non-calorie sweetener + ice = yummy for less than 25 calories. Guilt-free.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Don't deprive, adapt!

^ This
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I find if I REALLY want something that bad I just have it, enjoy it, and move on. When I don't I just crave it all day and I end up eating worse for the day anyway. Doesn't work for everyone but usually does for me.
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'd love to have some of these yummy ideas, but I'm at work - I don't have all of this stuff at the office! LOL Just fast food joints and coffee shops around here!

I'm making do... drinking my coffee mug full of water and eating hard blackberries and a Chobani yogurt. :drinker:
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Just picture the guilt they'll be feeling and you won't be! Helps me every time! =) You can and will get through this.
  • MrsDanner78
    Options
    Even add a scoop of chocolate protein powder to a cup of pikes roast (it is yummy).

But THIS ^^ I can do!! I have chocolate protein powder with me at work! But then I don't have it for after my lifting session today... hmmm...
  • MrsDanner78
    Options
    Even add a scoop of chocolate protein powder to a cup of pikes roast (it is yummy).

But THIS ^^ I can do!! I have chocolate protein powder with me at work! But then I don't have it for after my lifting session today... hmmm...

OOH OOH OOH! I KNOW! I'll go get my Starbucks Pike's Roast AFTER my lifting session and add my protein powder to it! It's like a reward for lifting today! :love:
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just had to google Chicken Biscuit ! Never heard of those. Is the biscuit sweet?
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

OOH OOH OOH! I KNOW! I'll go get my Starbucks Pike's Roast AFTER my lifting session and add my protein powder to it! It's like a reward for lifting today! :love:
    [/quote]

There you go!! great thinking and a nice way to end your day!!
  • WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bring yourself an omelet from home. Bring milk and sweetener and order your starbucks plain. If you stock up your desk with safe foods and snacks then you're less vulnerable to food envy. Buy a portable zippered cold pack container if you need to so you have stuff at your desk. Include treats and stuff you like on your diet, especially when you're having a bad day.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    for some reason i have never considered adding protein powder to coffee. my mind is blown. i was blind but now i see.

ill should submit this to TIL on Reddit.
  • MrsDanner78
    Options
    for some reason i have never considered adding protein powder to coffee. my mind is blown. i was blind but now i see.

ill should submit this to TIL on Reddit.

I know, RIGHT????
  • MrsDanner78
    Options
    Bring yourself an omelet from home. Bring milk and sweetener and order your starbucks plain. If you stock up your desk with safe foods and snacks then you're less vulnerable to food envy. Buy a portable zippered cold pack container if you need to so you have stuff at your desk. Include treats and stuff you like on your diet, especially when you're having a bad day.

I actually bring a cooler full of healthy food and snacks to eat throughout the day, and when I'm running out of the house and don't remember, I eat things that I store in my desk and know where i can pick up semi-healthy fast food. But there are just DAYS, you know? Days when you want to pig out like you didn't care... anyway, I DO think the crisis is avoided for now... :laugh:
  • MrsDanner78
    Options
    Just had to google Chicken Biscuit ! Never heard of those. Is the biscuit sweet?

No, it's a normal biscuit, with a breaded chicken patty on it.
    Chicken_Biscuit_440x282.jpg

Not that it appeals to me normally, but it smelled SO DAMN GOOD and I was HUNGRY! :grumble:
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I find if I REALLY want something that bad I just have it, enjoy it, and move on. When I don't I just crave it all day and I end up eating worse for the day anyway. Doesn't work for everyone but usually does for me.

^
    This!
  • WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know. And we're not alone. Occasionally if I'm out and can't find anything to eat I get a large fries with ketchup from somewhere. About 550 calories, so that's my meal. First time I thought I had blown it (until I checked the calories), but have you seen the database of fast food on here? I'd be willing to bet someone put in that chicken biscuit. Anyway. not recommending this as a regular thing, but you could peruse the database for the calorie counts of things in the places nearby. That's if you know you can spare the calories and won't go over later. Also maybe it will waste enough time so that the craving passes. Next time. :)
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options

No, it's a normal biscuit, with a breaded chicken patty on it.
    Chicken_Biscuit_440x282.jpg

Not that it appeals to me normally, but it smelled SO DAMN GOOD and I was HUNGRY! :grumble:

Mmmmmmm. . . . . . .chicken biscuit.