Best Salad

Options
2»

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I enjoy salads. It is oneof the reasons that I enjoy ruby Tuesday- they have all the fixings for a super fresh salad. Sometimes that is ALL that i want a nice crisp salad with lots of fresh veggies.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love taco salad. It's probably my favorite meal!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I just had Panera's Chicken Cobb with Avocado. Delicious.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Avocado, roma tomatoes, red onion, english cucumber, fresh cilantro, toss in a tbsp of evoo, and squeeze an entire lemon on everything.

It's amazing!
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    There's no such thing as a good salad. Anyone who eats them doesnt really do so for enjoyment....

Not true, I eat one every day and I'm not even trying to lose weight. At the moment my favorite is smoked salmon, avocado, edamame, beets, spinach, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a good salad. Anyone who eats them doesnt really do so for enjoyment....

Not true, I eat one every day and I'm not even trying to lose weight. At the moment my favorite is smoked salmon, avocado, edamame, beets, spinach, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar.

Sounds like something from a horror movie....
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is a salad of spring mix with grilled chicken, strawberries, blueberries, apples, blue cheese, toasted nuts and a zesty vinaigrette dressing. Chick-fil-a has one and that's where I first discovered this combination. I've made a copy cat one at home ever since!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I hate to sound like a shill, but:

I was working late on Friday and needed a meatless option, and wanted something that wouldn't break my calorie budget. I was considering McD's but really didn't want to. So instead I got a Mediterranean Quinoa salad from Panera. That was darn tasty, and I'm not a big salad person.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options

I love salad. I would eat salad every day if there wasn't so much prep involved
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    ive been eating this salad for lunch for over a month now, its:
    spring mix
    blueberries
    cherry tomatoes
    shredded carrots
    fat free feta
    Walden Farms Super Fruits Balsamic Vinaigrette(zero calorie)

Don't mean to derail the thread but any others using Walden Farms dressings? I've hear some good and some bad thoughts.

Outside of my question, this salad sounds AMAZING.

I'll say that their salad dressing are pretty good(to me anyways). Some of their other products are disgusting and should be avoided.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    ive been eating this salad for lunch for over a month now, its:
    spring mix
    blueberries
    cherry tomatoes
    shredded carrots
    fat free feta
    Walden Farms Super Fruits Balsamic Vinaigrette(zero calorie)

Don't mean to derail the thread but any others using Walden Farms dressings? I've hear some good and some bad thoughts.

Outside of my question, this salad sounds AMAZING.

The least offensive walden farms product is their pancake syrup, it's a great replacement for honey. It's much thinner and waterier, but hey it works for me. Although I personally don't mind their other sweet syrups, they do have a very chemically taste so they're best when mixed with other things. I don't really buy the salad dressings and sauces, but they're apparently hit and miss. But one thing everyone seems to agree on is that the peanut butter is absolutely disgusting.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

I love salad. I would eat salad every day if there wasn't so much prep involved

Or if they were a fraction of the taste of a burger, more like....
  • jettajane77
    jettajane77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Asian crunch salad serves 4
    1 Asian salad kit
    1 English cucumber seeded and chopped
    1 red bell pepper chopped
    1 cup shelled edamame
    1 serving spicy peanut dressing from trader joes for each salad
    I marinate boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts in a honey sriracha marinade and grill it to put on the salad. Yum!
  • KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, feel free to add me, and if your looking for recipe inspiration add yourself to my group https://www.facebook.com/groups/192418107779602/