My Fitbit Fell Apart D:

Options
Colorscheme
Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I had my Fitbit for seven months almost, and last night it completely fell apart. In addition, the metal clasp on my Fitbit Charge has started falling out as well. I've previously tried to use epoxy to put it back together, but that didn't work.

600727_10154004241344609_3683158616567570695_n.jpg?oh=1f3c0cdaab68983c0be57947c3de8a94&oe=578F0F88

I already contacted customer service once when my Fitbit clasp came undone and lost it, though it was found later in a box of cereal. They sent me a replacement but my boyfriend's mom wanted it, so I gave it away. And since my boyfriend has seen it coming apart, he told me he would help me buy a new one. But thinking about it, I don't want another Fitbit Charge. It's nice and all, but I don't think it should have fell apart so soon. The Alta is coming out next week on Amazon so I decided to get it because I think it may hold up better, and it has a longer charge than the other models.

And to add insult to injury, I can't work out because my knee is swollen and has fluid in it. Dunno if it's related to the injury I had almost three years ago when I got sideswiped by a speeding, red light running van as a passenger. But back to the orthopedist for me...

Replies

• DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to mine. I got a new Fitbit HR and love it.
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    The same thing happened to mine. I got a new Fitbit HR and love it.

Oh my, it did? that's really good to know. I wonder if it's a particular problem with the Charge, then.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have had a missing clasp replaced by Fitbit free of charge, and a few months later had the entire Fitbit replaced free of charge... so if you decide to give it another whirl, I'm sure they would replace yours. Certainly now that I've worn one for almost 3 years, I couldn't live without it!
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the knee!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Fitbit has acknowledged that this was a design flaw. They have corrected the design and it is supposed to be better. I had my Charge replaced for free and the new one has been great.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Except it has already been replaced for free according to the OP. I'm not sure they would give her another for free.

OP-why wait for Amazon? You can order them now from Fitbit. Maybe call and explain the situation. They may give you a discount on the Alta.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Can you change straps on the Charge, or is it all connected? I have a Flex, and I have found the straps last @ 6 months - one year, depending on how often you take it on and off, and how often you pop out the tracker to charge it. So I bought one of the three-packs of bands so I always have a new one ready!

As @elphie754 mentioned, try calling Fitbit again and see if they will give you a good deal on the Alta. I've heard some pretty awesome stories about Fitbit customer service...
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Except it has already been replaced for free according to the OP. I'm not sure they would give her another for free.

OP-why wait for Amazon? You can order them now from Fitbit. Maybe call and explain the situation. They may give you a discount on the Alta.

Yeah, I already asked to replace the Charge once and tbh, I don't even want that model anymore. Plus my boyfriend said he would help me pay for a new one anyway.

Also, I didn't know other sites already had it out. I have a Prime membership and with my bum knee, I can't do anything anyway.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Yeah, I already asked to replace the Charge once and tbh, I don't even want that model anymore. Plus my boyfriend said he would help me pay for a new one anyway.

Also, I didn't know other sites already had it out. I have a Prime membership and with my bum knee, I can't do anything anyway.

I don't know where you are, but I just looked on Amazon and they have them in stock in the US.
  • Colorscheme
    edited March 2016
    Options

I don't know where you are, but I just looked on Amazon and they have them in stock in the US.

I live in the US too, the color I want [teal] isn't available until the nineteenth. Some of the other colors are already out.