NSV - Being my nieces' role model

Options
OtiWanKenobi
OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
I received a FB message last night from one of my nieces who just graduated high school and will be going to college in Boston this fall. She also plans of trying out for their rugby team.

She says:

"my coach sent me a workout list and it's pretty intense....involves way more running than I'm used to. Since you've been the only one in our family to run and do half marathons, I was wondering if you could help me through the workout sheet?"

It's a simple message, I know...but to me...this means so much that my nieces look up to me and have asked for my help. Another niece of mine in her mid-twenties sent me a text on how I inspired her to start running....she ran a couple of miles recently and wanted some tips from me. I feel honored and quite frankly proud of myself. :bigsmile:

My family has never been athletic and we all have inherited my mother's side of the family "curvy chubby gene". So a lot my family members are on the heavy side. So realizing that my family is taking note and I'm inspiring them to make healthy choices makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing. :drinker:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!