53 lbs gained while pregnant: 48 lbs gone! w/pics

Options
AmandaLawter
AmandaLawter Posts: 55 Member
edited March 2016 in Success Stories
I'm always motivated by seeing other people's progress, so I'm only posting this in hopes that I can motivate someone. As a woman, I have that one week a month where I don't feel like doing anything. Well, this is my week. I usually put my girls on the bus in the morning and get my exercise in before my 9 month old wakes up. Well, this morning (and yesterday!), I put them on the bus then sat down to read my phone and drink my coffee. I told myself I wasn't going to work out because I didn't feel like it. This morning after a few minutes of sitting there, I told myself to "Get up!! Just do it! You won't regret it!" So, I got up. And I got it done!

It took me 9 months to gain 53 lbs and 9 months to lose 48 lbs. I didn't hit my goal of losing the 53 lbs in 9 months, but I'm pretty dang close! I lost 30 of it naturally, and I've lost 18 since January 1st.

It took me a while to get into the swing of things with myfitnesspal and Fitbit. I finally found my groove by disconnecting the two accounts! Eating back my exercise calories was really messing me up! I have 83 lbs to go to hit my goal weight which I've been trying to reach for the past 4 years! I feel like this is my time! Wish me luck! :-)
zz3iel0ma8dc.jpg

Replies

• stephyc2016
    stephyc2016 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Congrats to you! :)
  • NRgeticMomma
    NRgeticMomma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Keep it up :smile:
  • AmandaLawter
    Options
    Thank you!
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep it up
  • yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Way to go! Looks like we're roughly in the same boat. I have a baby who just turned 10 months old, and I also gained 50+ pounds, which I lost by February, and I still had 70 lbs to lose to get to my GW. I'm down about 20, so I only have 50 to go. Keep up the good work!
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • AmandaLawter
    Options
    Dana_E wrote: »
    Way to go! Looks like we're roughly in the same boat. I have a baby who just turned 10 months old, and I also gained 50+ pounds, which I lost by February, and I still had 70 lbs to lose to get to my GW. I'm down about 20, so I only have 50 to go. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the kind words! Congrats to you on your progress as well. Keep it up, and good luck with the rest of your journey! :smiley:
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Way to go!
  • efua32
    efua32 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also in a similar boat. Had a baby 12 weeks ago. Lost 22 pounds naturally by casually watching my food intake, then it all stopped. I now have 52lbs to lose and started with MFP and Fitbit this week. So far in 4 days I have done over 60k steps. Before I got pregnant I was at my ideal weight after losing 3st in 2013, so I know how great it feels getting there but still upset that I gained 5st during pregnancy! Any way good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • AmandaLawter
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for all the kind words! I hope to have another update in a few months with even more lbs gone. :p
  • AmandaLawter
    Options
    efua32 wrote: »
    I'm also in a similar boat. Had a baby 12 weeks ago. Lost 22 pounds naturally by casually watching my food intake, then it all stopped. I now have 52lbs to lose and started with MFP and Fitbit this week. So far in 4 days I have done over 60k steps. Before I got pregnant I was at my ideal weight after losing 3st in 2013, so I know how great it feels getting there but still upset that I gained 5st during pregnancy! Any way good luck with the rest of your journey!

It's crazy what those little ones do to our bodies.....but it is so worth it! This was my 3rd baby. I gained about 40 lbs with my 2nd, and lost it all. And I gained nearly 100 lbs with my 1st baby almost nine years ago, and I've never been able to get it all off.

60k steps in 4 days is AWESOME! Since you're new to Fitbit, I recommend having as many friends on there as possible and doing weekly challenges. It really makes you get up and move! Good luck to you as well! We got this! B)
  • AmandaLawter
    Options
    53lbs gone! I finally lost those last 5 stubborn lbs. I feel more motivated than ever to continue on to lose the additional 78lbs! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!