Can you create exercise "batches" to select?

Options
It's my first time using the site, and I was wondering if there is an option allowing you to make preset exercise 'batches' so that instead of manually adding 15 exercises by hand every other day I can just click "Workout A/B" and be done with it.

Replies

• IonBubbles
    IonBubbles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also is there a way to switch default units for the food database?
    The majority of foods seem to be in 'cups', even solids, which makes it very unconvenient since no two foods on the planet correspond to the same quantity in grams when you say 'one cup'
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Not sure on the exercise but there is usually a drop down on the unit to switch to grams. I've also had success when adding the word gram after the food when I search
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Using the plural form (for fruits and veggies) and adding usda often gets you a grams option also. For example instead of strawberry enter strawberries usda.

I don't really log exercise so I can't help there.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    (1) You can custom create your own exercise, but then it won't list what you did -- I think you have to save that elsewhere as there's not enough room in the description for a list. If it's strength training (or you want to add it as both, once for a calorie estimate and once for the record), it's pretty easy to add a bunch at a time once you've added them, as they will appear in your list.

(2) As others have said, if you pick the better entries (the USDA-sourced ones for whole foods), you will get 100 grams as one of many options. That's what I always use, when possible. To figure out how to describe the food and check the calories, here's a source: https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods One you know the basic formula you can easily find most things quickly and recognize the good entries. Or, they will be in your recent foods anyway.

(3) For packaged goods you may be more limited, but it should have grams as an option or else if it does not (2 oz), you can cross reference with the alternative grams measure on the box (56 g or whatever) and use that. If I have 48 g of something with a calorie count for 56 g, I just figure out the serving (48/56) and log that of the 2 oz, if that makes sense. The other thing to be aware of is that there are numerous similar versions of the same product, so you need to match it with your box.