5 instant burn boosters (Shape July 2010 issue)

Options
Hello out there! I get the monthly Shape magazine and I thought that I would share this little bit that I found interesting.

5 instant burn booster:
1. Close your eyes during core moves on a stability ball. You'll force your muscles to contract more to keep you balanced, which helps you get faster results.
2.After you do a set of crunches, flip over and hold plank pose for 30 seconds. Working your abs in the faceup and facedown positions helps you sculpt your core from all angles.
3. During upper-body toners, stand on one foot and tether the other leg to a resistance band attached to a weight bench at your side, so that the band is taut when your foot is lifted slightly off the ground; your outer hip muscles will have to contract to keep you in place. Switch legs between sets.
4. Put a weighted plate or book under the left side of a stepbench to give it a slight tilt. Do step-ups on your left lag-your glutes will work overtime to keep your balance- then repeat on the opposite leg, with the plate propping up the right side.
5. Use a heavy dumbbell in one hand and a light one in the other during strength moves like flies and presses. The uneven weight makes your core work harder to keep you balanced- just dont't forget to switch the weights betweem sets!

Replies