In Need of One Accountability Partner

Options
I am seeking one motivated, committed individual who wishes to partner with me in supporting one another achieve our health and fitness goals. Please be willing to make a three month commitment. The structure I desire to create is pretty straightforward and outlined below. Send me a direct message if you wish to work one on one with me as accountability partners and if you feel this structure could be beneficial to your success. I need to lose about 15-20 more pounds. I am very active and always strive to make healthy choices for the most part.

I do use MyFitnessPal as a tool for logging my food and exercise, however, I do not spend much time here and I wish to have a partner that is interested in being more interactive off this app. If this is also what you desire, then please contact me directly.

1- Start off by sharing all we desire to achieve for our long term goals. What will we be working towards?
2- Commit to a 3 month period to start.
3- Each week we connect once a week through email/calls with 2-3 main diet/fitness goals for the week ahead and give a brief update on how we did with the 2-3 diet/fitness goals from the previous week. These smaller weekly goals will support what we ultimately want to accomplish.
4- Follow up 1-2 times a week through email, text or brief phone calls for support, encouragement and progress updates.

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers,
Amy

Replies

• a_brooklyn_girl
    a_brooklyn_girl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for the same?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Honestly, I think you'll need to hire somebody (maybe a personal trainer) in order to get that level of direct assistance.

Perhaps something like Weight Watchers meetings might work?
  • a_brooklyn_girl
    a_brooklyn_girl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input, but I actually had a great deal of success with this set up and lost 17 pounds so far. I did not have the same kind of success with Weight Watchers. Unfortunately my partner is no longer available to work together. The time investment is minimal because it's more about a quick check in weekly and each person being accountable for their commitments. I'm certain someone will not only be interested this structure but will benefit from it as well whether I meet them on here or else where!

Best of luck to you!