Breakfast ideas!

Options
Hey guys! I'd love to get some new breakfast ideas! Pretty much only have time to make English muffin, egg, and sliced cheese. I'd like some quick breakfast ideas :)

I'm also new to mfp, add me and help motivate me! I'm ready to see results! :) and I'll be happy to return the favor, of course!

Replies

• sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I personally really like omelette for breakfast because I can mix them up when I get bored. Currently putting sautéed onions, mushrooms and greens in mine. I have been using the Tostitos salsa con queso in it recently because it adds flavor without a lot of calories

Oatmeal is also good and filling
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I make up a big pot of Red River or steel cut once a week, and keep it prepared in mason jars in my fridge. In the morning I take out a few scoops, warm it up, and add Greek yogurt and fruit. Maybe some nuts.
  • swissmiss431
    swissmiss431 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Make Bircher Muesli! It's like the original Swiss overnight oats. It will last you a week! It makes 8 servings and is 188cal per serving. And it's delicious. Make up the batch, add the yogurt and berries, and then add nuts right before you eat it if you want. (The calories don't count the berries or nuts you add.) This is the recipe I use: https://mindyqs.com/2016/01/07/bircher-muesli-breakfast-of-swiss-champions/
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have egg, toast, breakfast sausage and hash brown Patty. Takes all of 15 mins. Otherwise it is a bagel thin and sausage patties or cereal
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I make my own yogurt and eat it with fruit almost daily or do an overnight oatmeal. My breakfast prep in the morning can't take longer then pouring something in a bowl or microwaving it. I have toddlers. Mornings are dramatic in our house.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am a smoothie junkie! Fresh or frozen fruits And veggies, a scoop of protein powder (I like the hemp brands cause they got lots of fiber & omegas in them naturally. Vega brand is good too) add a little almond or coconut milk or fresh juice, blend & BAM! Quick easy breakfast that travels well when in a time crunch & you've already got some of your fruit & veggie servings in for the day. Sometimes I get really fancy & add things like flax or chia, cacao or ginger or cinnamon. Best part is each day can be a completely different flavor.
  • 75poundgoal
    75poundgoal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for either a protein shake or half an avocado with cottage cheese. Simple and fast.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Leftovers! Yesterday I had leftover baked potato topped with thawed frozen spinach, salsa, plain yogurt, guacamole, hot sauce, and some leftover ham on the side. The longest part of the prep was thawing the spinach in the microwave.
  • ReadyWillingEager
    ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like energy bars (like clif or luna bars), a fruit, and coffee. It's also pretty light. When I feel like I want something more substantial, a PB & banana sandwich with coffee and fruit does it for me. I need stuff I can eat while driving lol.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Currently my go to breakfast is 1 egg w/green onions scrambled. Only takes a few minutes and then I just throw it in a tortilla. I snack on fruit throughout the morning so I try to have a light breakfast
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My breakfast today was sauteed onion and celery with sausage, egg, and wheat bread with butter. I used one celery stick and one half onion, 2 sausage links, which is 2/3 the labeled serving size, and one egg. Yummy and filling, with some carbs, fat, protein, and fiber.