How long before you noticed results

Options
I was wondering for anyone that has lost a good bit of weight ... how long did it take for you and others to notice ...

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    A few weeks. I felt lighter and looked a bit slimmer after 3 weeks for sure. I saw the scale drop the first week.
  • Jdugger10
    Jdugger10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me it was about 3 weeks, but once I got to the 2 month mark I couldn't look in the mirror and not smile!! Keep fighting!!
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think after losing about 20 lbs I could finally feel that I've lost something. After 30 lbs lost I felt really weird like a part of my body was missing lol This took me about 4 months. Same goes to others. They first noticed the 20 lbs loss then they were amazed at 30 plus loss. Right now I'm already used to the changes in my body and I'm back to feeling as if I haven't lost anything, I can't remember what it felt like to be so much heavier
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    What amazes me is this. I've lost 60 lb in 5 years. I walked around with that 60 lbs for years. Yet I can't even lift 60 lb. how did I live like that?
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Way to go on your weight loss, everyone! I haven't lost enough weight to really have seen results.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    About 2 months. I lost a total of 95 lbs.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It will depend on how overweight you are to start with and also I think for taller people it will take longer for others to notice.

I started 207lbs and I am 5'4. I have lost 23lbs. Not a lot of people have commented on my weight loss though one guy at work description was I had lost a shitload of weight so I think its noticeable but most people haven't commented. I noticed less bloating after 10lbs, 15 saw my clothes that were really tight fit a lot better and by 20 I have got clothes that I can no longer wear. I have dropped just over a dress size and have been able to dig things out of my wardrobe that I havent been able to wear. Today I am wearing a pair of shorts that I bought about 18months ago that I hadnt been able to wear till now.

I finally saw a photo of me that I didnt immediately cringe at the way I look at about 20lbs lost. I have been told that around my face looks thinner but for me my stomach has been a big difference, I had lost my hourglass shape but its coming back now.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 75 or 76kg. My height is 1.63cm. I have lost about 11kg but only one or two people have noticed my weight loss without being told.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Immediately. It was actually quite easy because I didnt blame 'plateaus'...
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started at 215. I've lost about 20 lbs in the last 10 weeks and no one has said anything, except my mother who gets almost a daily update on my weight lol Honestly, I don't really trust anything she says about whether you can tell I've lost weight or not cause she's just that kind of person who would tell me that you can tell I've lost weight even if I looked exactly the same, just because she thinks it will be good for my self-esteem. Gotta love moms! :)

I can tell a difference in how my clothes fit and have a few things that I had bought in the right size right when I started that are now in the donation pile cause they're too big. Other things that I had been denying were too small now actually fit properly :)
  • bonnie_nickell
    bonnie_nickell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1/24 started at 188.6. Down to 170 now. If anyone has noticed they have not commented. I can definitely tell a difference in my clothes! Slow but sure.....
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My coworker's sister told my coworker I looked "amazing" after 20 pound loss. Coworker told me to tell me herself. She refused, saying she didn't want me to think she was a creep and checking me out.

I've gotten other compliments on the fit of my clothes, not on my weight loss itself. Seems a diplomatic way to do it.

Myself, I noticed a difference between 225 and 215. I didn't have to wait for much loss before I felt overall better, though.
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    Noticing already - feeling less tired and less bloated, my clothes aren't as tight. I have a way to go (aiming to lose another 40lbs at least), but feel much better already :smile:
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", started around 167-168, currently at 157. Don't really notice that much difference. Hoping for dropping a size once I get down to about 150. My secretary did tell me the other day that she had noticed I'm losing weight though, so I dunno. I think I still look fat :)
  • knitstricken
    knitstricken Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Have you seen this:

It takes
    • 4 weeks for you yourself to notice
    • 8 weeks for friends and family to notice
    • 12 weeks for everyone else to notice

...I'm only four weeks into my lifestyle changes, but it's true that I'm already feeling a difference... and seeing it, too (I'm 5.75", weighed 305, and now am at about 286)

All the best to you! :c)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I was wondering for anyone that has lost a good bit of weight ... how long did it take for you and others to notice ...

I'm 5'4" and my starting weight was 179 lbs and I am currently 154.
    I didn't notice any visible difference in pictures until I had lost about 15 lbs. I don't know about other people noticing my loss. My clothes were very obviously too big by the time I had lost 20 lbs.
    I noticed a difference in how I felt and what I was able to do sooner than a difference in appearance.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    About a month or so. Very little scale change at that time (because of water weight) but I was working out pretty intensely so that had the biggest initial impact on how I looked. 45lbs down now and I look like a completely different person. I can see it myself when dressed but it's harder when naked, I'm more critical of my naked body, ha! I have 20-30lbs to go.
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started out at 218 by 209 I had 1 or 2 people notice. By 202 this week several people have noticed and said something. It wasn't until this week that I saw my reflection in a mirror and noticed.
  • plami_9209
    plami_9209 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on how much you have to lose, how tall you are and how you gain weight. For me I gain weight proportionaly all over my body, so weight loss and weight gain are hard to see if it`s 5 kg or so, even though for my height that`s like 2 sizes, so if you stack up pounds on one spot, for example the thigh area, you might see a difference even in the second or third week, for me it took mounths before someone noticed