Help! FitBit Charge is ADDING calories ?!

Options
Hello!

I got a fitbit charge last night

Rather than myfitnesspal taking off the calories ive burnt from the fitbit, its adding them on?!

Ive ticked the enable negative calories thing.....

Please help!!

Replies

• kgj4105
    kgj4105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'adding them on' - the way the negative calories work is if you wear a fitness monitor such as the fitbit all day, and you're less active than MFP predicts to calculate your daily calories to eat, MFP subtracts calories from your daily allowance. If you work out and burn 300 kcal with the fitbit, the calories get added back on to your adjusted daily allowance (taking into account your being less active than mfp predicts) as calories you can 'eat back' from exercise.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused as to what you mean.

If you burn less than MFP's prediction for your Stats at the Activity level you selected plus any logged exercise, Fitbit will take calories away when negative adjustments is enabled
    Example:
    1810 is what MFP expects a Lightly Active person with my stats.
    1672 is what my Fitbit Full Day estimate is based on a calorie burn of 376 as of 6:50 am this morning.
    So far my estimate is that I will burn 138 calories less than MFP's estimate.
    I am losing 110 calories, because that is all MFP can take away without dropping me below 1200 calories.

If you burn more than MFP's prediction for your Stats at the activity level you selected plus any logged exercise, Fitbit will add calories to your calorie goal.
    Example:
    1810 is what MFP expects a Lightly Active person with my stats.
    2607 is what Fitbit sent over as my calorie burn at 11:59 last night (a little over 19k steps).
    So yesterday, my calorie burn was 797 calories higher than MFP's prediction.
    MFP added 797 calories to my goal that I could eat and still keep a 500 calorie deficit.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Is it not supposed to add them on? Do you want to have to eat less food? I'm really confused by the question, or I'm not understanding the problem, or something. But basically, as the other two have said, MFP estimates your full day calories from your Fitbit based on the calories you've burned so far (because Fitbit does calories burned to "X" point of the day, while MFP does full day stats, so they have some formula that brings the Fitbit total up to full day). If that estimate is less than the MFPs full day burn, there's a negative adjustment to account for the fact that you may not reach MFPs burn for you and therefore shouldn't consume as many calories. If it is more, there is a positive adjustment for the opposite reason. So if you're wearing your charge all day and get calories added, it's because you moved more and got more calories added to your deficit (or surplus if you're gaining)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's first thing in the morning...that is the negative adjustment happening.

I have -3 atm with my current 2159 steps today..but by the end of the day it will be at about 250+
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    dont worry guys ive confused myself too haha