Hello from the other side!

Options
Hi there. :)

Just wanted to make a quick introductory post to hopefully makes a few new friends here! I'm a Texas mom, rapidly approaching 40 (ugh...) and carrying around way too much weight.

I had weight loss surgery about a year ago and lost 60 pounds but it wasn't quite the magic cure I was hoping for, as I've not lost any more with the change in my eating.

So, I'm counting those calories now and working out several times a week! I still have 75 lbs to go to meet my first goal so all the friends, motivation and encouragement I can get would be awesome.

On a personal note, I love to read, write, go camping, and walking, as well as anything horror related. Recently, I've developed an interest in prepping as well, though I am still learning. The current state of the US worries me a lot and being more ready for whatever may come soothes my need for control, haha.

Anyway - nice to meet you and hope to make a few new friends soon!

Replies

• EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm looking for new friends. :smile:
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've lost 34 pounds. I am trying to lose any additional 25 to 30 pounds. I have changed my eating habits (whole foods / avoid processed foods) and included regular workouts (elliptical, cycling and weight training). However, I've hit a plateau and I am trying to break through it. Friend me if you'd like provide mutual support to reach our goals. I'm happy to share what worked for me and what didn't.

Good luck.

Kevin