The Millionth Time

Options
It feels like this is my Millionth Time getting started here... My problem is the stopping and becoming discouraged. Right now my struggle is with cutting down the amount of cheating every week from 3 meals to 1-2. I've started in the last month going to a local gym where I'm doing some cardio and mostly lifting 3x per week... On non lift days I do cardio and abs so I'm getting in 4-5 workouts a week.

I feel so much better, but I need to be accountable to myself with what I'm putting into my body. In the past when I've used MFP I become obsessive. This time I'm going to do my best to solely use it as a tool to help me get to my goals. I'm more motivated than I ever have been before and I've even enlisted my boyfriend and best friend to go to the gym with me and help keep me accountable.

I could use any and all new MFP friends to help me along my journey and keep me motivated as well. Thanks in advance for welcoming me back to this community and I'm excited to see where I'm at in a few months!

Replies

• Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    what are you 'cheating' with? why do you think it's cheating?

I've only been at this since mid-November. I still eat pizza, fries, drink wine, and eat chocolate. There is no 'cheat' food. Every food has a cost. I eat whatever I want within my budget.

When I 'cheat' its eating at maintenance. Its purposeful and planned.

If you make 'good' and 'bad' lists, you are setting yourself up to fail. Remove the word 'cheat' from your vocabulary.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I guess a "choice" meal would be better than a "cheat" meal. I basically qualify it as eating out and eating whatever I want until I'm full, not worrying about nutrition. I mostly call it a cheat because it's a cheat on my wallet too, since I'm doing my best to not eat out.

I'm also not really cutting anything out of my diet- more so doing my best to make better choices. Does that make sense?
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    yes - that makes some sense.

But just be warned... even 1-2 meals out, without logging, counting or estimating, could easily wipe out a whole deficit for the week, if not more.

Appetizer: 350
    Main course: 800
    Desert: 300
    Wine: 450

= 1900 calories

Actual calorie allowance for that meal prob 600?
    So total surplus 1300.

Do that 2x a week and thats 2600 calories

I would instead of making your objective to reduce the amount of days you go out without tracking from 3 to 1, i would instead make your goal, to track EVERYTHING. IF you are going out, check the menu and get a sense of what you would like to eat and how much it will cost calorie wise.