Stacking

Options
I'm not sure this is the right forum to post this, but I came across this article and have been thinking about following it, with the exclusion of the Yohimbe... http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/stack-it-scorch-it-how-to-build-the-perfect-fat-burner.html

What do you guys think? Is it valid, or should I not waste my time/money. I should also mention that I don't believe all the hype about mass-marketed fat burners.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Those might give you a very tiny edge on burning fat, but only if your diet is in check. If you are going over your calories or logging incorrectly and being over your calories without realizing it then those won't help. If you have one all out eating day or a cheat meal that is thousands of calories those tips won't help. Focus on food intake and logging.
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    Thanks for the response. My diet is on point. I consume either close too or under my goal each day and never feel the need to eat back some, or all, of my exercise calories. I strength train 2 days a week, upper and lower body, and cardio 5 days a week. I drink a ton of water, watch my macros and eat a variety of nutritious foods. I am religious about logging and watching what I eat... I see eating as a source of nutrition, yes it can taste amazing, but ultimately I want what I put into my body to have some kind of nutritional benefit.

Anyway, if these aren't harmful then I think I might give them a go.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    These tips gives people about a 1% edge on fat burning. The most helpful of them is the one you aren't using and the second is the fish oil. Beyond that the added benefits is minimal. I personally only use caffeine (as a pre-workout) and fish oil when working towards a bodybuilding competition.
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    I didn't want to take the Yohimbe because of the warnings about having anxiety, I have panic attacks and wanted to steer clear of anything that might have an adverse effect. Thanks for your help, I appreciate the perspective.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used yohimbine for a while. It was a nice bump to the caffeine in my preworkout, but other than that, I don't think it did anything. I was around 25% body fat. I think I read somewhere it shines if you're already lean trying to get leaner, like going from 10% to 6%....but not sure about that. Just my experience with yohimbine was nil.

The only thing that really helped me lose weight was ephedra before it got banned (and that was before I knew anything about nutrition). Though I think at least part of that effect was feeling like an animal in the weight room, and so was able to lift with much more intensity.