Lose Stomach Fat?

Options
What's a good exercise for your stomach? Like, something you can do at home and don't have any work out equipment lol

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A calorie deficit is the only thing to make you lose fat. Core excises (planks, sit ups, etc...) will give you stronger core muscles but will not affect your stomach size. Resistance/weight training, although, will provide the best impact to your body look as when you lose weight, resistance/weight training will help with muscle preservation. And more muscle = tighter body.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    There are no exercises that will target fat anywhere. Exercise will help you burn calories or add muscle. The only way to lose fat is to be in a calorie deficit (eat less than you burn). The fat will go away slowly and you can't pick what order it does.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There are plenty of exercises that strengthen your abdominal muscles that you can do without any equipment, however you will not be able to see those muscles unless you lose the fat layer over them. You can't spot treat fat loss; you only lose fat on a caloric deficit and that will come off your whole body according to your genetics. A lot of men struggle with fat coming off last on their stomach, hence beer keg bellies instead of six pack abs... my husband for instance can kick my butt in any sort of ab exercise but i have abs that show through and he doesn't because I lose on my waist first and my hips last and he does the opposite.
  • TorShern
    TorShern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very helpful info
  • msquitababy
    msquitababy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All of u guys shared some great information
  • kbarnes012kb
    kbarnes012kb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great thanks, I really needed that info