Creating my own recipe

Options
Wakey618
Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
Hi - I'm pretty new here and have looked everywhere to learn how I can create a recipe on this site, using ingredients that cannot be found in the MFP search and don't have a bar code. Does anyone here know how to do this? TIA

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You have to create My Foods for the food items that are not in the public Food Database. Once those are created, give a couple hours for the databases to sync so that you can find them - I would test out all of them by adding them to your Food Diary to make sure they are available.

Next, you have to use the Old Recipe Calculator, which is available only on the Web version on the right-hand side of the FOOD > Recipes page. It uses an older interface and search engine which actually searches your My Foods list. Just note that once you save the Recipe using the Old Recipe Calculator, any edits have to be done using the new Recipe "matching" algorithms, which is a piece of software junk, and its "matching algorithms" will not find your My Foods items.
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will give this a try :)
  • DevilishRed
    DevilishRed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok I must be a bit dim, but tried putting in ingredients like pumpkin, and keens curry powder and i am told the ingredients can't be found.
    I can find these things in the data base, so how can i create my own recipe without having to custom create ingredients that already exist?
    Scratching my head here. Would like to get the cals for my own recipe.
    Cheers.
    Red
  • DevilishRed
    DevilishRed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok seems that the site just didn't like me kept on trying and got it to work on my fourth attempt.
    Cheers
    Red