June 20th is the 1st day of summer..... what size will your bathing suit be?

Options
June 20th is the 1st day of summer...

how much are you trying to lose by then?

if you were to wear your bathing suit now, what size would you be?

what size bathing suit do you want to be?

Replies

• karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to loose enough weight to be a size 6 and look good at that size at my age. If I'd wear a bathing suit now for sure a size 8. I'm trying for a size 6. But I'm petite with a small frame. My perfect size is a 4 but not reasonable at my age so I have to do a 6 now.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn a bathing suit in years, which is a shame actually because I work at a place with a very nice pool. I doubt I will lose enough by summer to be willing to wear one this year. Maybe by next and I have NO idea what size "healthy" will end up being.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I weigh 200 pounds and wear a Large or 12/14. I'm wearing a bikini while swimming this weekend.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    PLEASE NOTE IVE NEVER WORN A BIKINI AND THIS IS GOING TO BE MY FIRST ATEMPT TO!!! :open_mouth:

im currently pregnant (until sunday)

to lose weight im going to walk 3 miles daily (obviously going to have to build myself up to it) and go on a 1200 calorie diet (recommended by my doctor and under supervision.)

trying to learn portion control with that of course and drink half my body weight in ounces of water.

currently im thinking id be a size 16 bikini

but losing the baby weight (delivering) and sticking to my "plan"

I think if I push myself I can get down to a size 12 bikini by "the 1st day of summer"

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goal, OP. I've never worn a bikini either. If I could find one with a top that was more like a sports bra I might possibly try one some day. Right now my suit is a 12 I think. I don't have any plans to swim this year so I'm not going to be getting a new one anytime soon.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought a bathing suit for years so I don't know what size I would wear and don't care about clothing size numbers.
    I don't have a deadline but I'd like to lose about 10 lbs by then because then I would be at the top of the healthy weight range for my height.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Okay I needed to consult a size conversion chart first. LOL

Based on this... http://www.sizeguide.net/womens-clothing-sizes-international-conversion-chart.html

I'm currently a UK14 / US10 but things are getting very loose but I'm not quite comfortably in a UK12 / US8 just yet, but I think by June I will be.
  • butterfly21295
    butterfly21295 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am currently in a 12 and would like to be in a 8/10 by summer. Any friends want to add me? I really would love to wear a bikini. At 43 years old...I figure I don't have much time left!
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Okay I needed to consult a size conversion chart first. LOL

Based on this... http://www.sizeguide.net/womens-clothing-sizes-international-conversion-chart.html

I'm currently a UK14 / US10 but things are getting very loose but I'm not quite comfortably in a UK12 / US8 just yet, but I think by June I will be.

Haha, had to consult a conversion chart as well and my current size is the same as yours.

Would love to be in a South African 34(UK10/US6) by June but would be happy with 36(12/8). By Summer here (November) I would love to fit in 32 (UK8/US4).