June 20th is the 1st day of summer... what size will your bathing suit be?

Options
June 20th is the 1st day of summer...

how much are you trying to lose by then?

if you were to wear your bathing suit now, what size would you be?

what size bathing suit do you want to be?

Replies

• samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I hope to lose about 15 lbs by then, maybe 20. I have no clue on sizes.
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The last bathing suit I wore was a size 16, almost 6 years ago. My weight is coming off mostly from my waist and hips, so I know I'll be in a smaller size, maybe a 10-12. The only part of me that I have problems with where bathing suits(and most clothing) are concerned are my thighs, and those aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I have 25lbs to lose before I reach my goal of 150. I won't lose that by summer, but I should be another 10-12lbs down.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    PLEASE NOTE IVE NEVER WORN A BIKINI AND THIS IS GOING TO BE MY FIRST ATEMPT TO!!!

im currently pregnant (until sunday)

to lose weight im going to walk 3 miles daily (obviously going to have to build myself up to it) and go on a 1200 calorie diet (recommended by my doctor and under supervision.)

trying to learn portion control with that of course and drink half my body weight in ounces of water.

currently im thinking id be a size 16 bikini

but losing the baby weight (delivering) and sticking to my "plan"

I think if I push myself I can get down to a size 12 bikini by "the 1st day of summer"
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance now and wearing a size 6 tall jeans/pants and tall medium size tops. I'm 5'8" 145 pounds, give or take a pound up or down on any given day. I was wearing size 12 last summer before I lost my weight, so I'm looking forward to this summer for sure!
  • kaitlinfurby13
    kaitlinfurby13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Right now it would be a loose size 14 (not quite 12 though). I hope it is a size 10 by swimsuit season. In my dreams a size 8. No bikinis here no matter what size it is though lol.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

im currently pregnant (until sunday)

to lose weight im going to walk 3 miles daily (obviously going to have to build myself up to it) and go on a 1200 calorie diet (recommended by my doctor and under supervision.)

trying to learn portion control with that of course and drink half my body weight in ounces of water.

currently im thinking id be a size 16 bikini

but losing the baby weight (delivering) and sticking to my "plan"

This must be your first baby. We all start out with the best of intentions. 1200 cal is too low for most people let alone a woman who will have just given birth. Get a different doctor. I wish you the best but don't feel bad if you can't always stick to "plan". babies cry all the time, gassy, hungry, poopy, they want to be swaddled tighter, the suckie fell out....etc. Those early weeks or months can be rough, you may not feel up to walking 3 miles a day or have time to make sure to drink half your body weight in water.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I recently hit maintenance; size 8.
    Last summer I was in size 12.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I am a nudist so my suit always fits...hahaha.. Though some days it looks wrinkly. (We are all nudists under our clothes lol).
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This isn't my first baby.
    I'm under Dr supervision.
    I'll still be taking vitamins because of the calorie restriction.
    I'm only walking to lose weight because of having a baby. (Instead of pushing myself to do something extreme)
    I'll also be having my children with me in the stroller and baby sling while I'm walking.

Thanks for the "advice" but I'm NOT a new mom. So I'm not new to setting a "plan" after having a child.

And in my personal experience as a mother, newborns are the easy to care for. Lol

• xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 10-15 lbs by then. I'm not setting a higher goal due to having a hard time getting this weight off. Im currently 212 hoping to be 200-195 by then.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    xtina315 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to lose 10-15 lbs by then. I'm not setting a higher goal due to having a hard time getting this weight off. Im currently 212 hoping to be 200-195 by then.

My friend is a nutritionist, she told me (when I weighed 215) that taller people usually lose up to 10 pounds a month at that point.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options

My friend is a nutritionist, she told me (when I weighed 215) that taller people usually lose up to 10 pounds a month at that point.

Not if they're not eating at a caloric deficit makes 10lbs a month feasible, they won't.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    That was for females over 5'5
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options

Not if they're not eating at a caloric deficit makes 10lbs a month feasible, they won't.

Yeah she did say something about limiting calories
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    size 8/m, I guess.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance now and wearing a size 5/6. Last summer I was in a 10-12 and the summer before that I was a 16-18! :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 5 pounds by then. I think my suit size is a medium, I wouldn't mind still being a medium.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    And in my personal experience as a mother, newborns are the easy to care for. Lol

Your first newborn was. Not all babies are the same. My mother has a dish of stories about how different each of us was in the beginning. None of the four of us had the same habits or personalities.
  • janjunie
    Options
    Lol I found that too, but you must know then every baby is different ;). Good luck
  • janjunie
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Your first newborn was. Not all babies are the same. My mother has a dish of stories about how different each of us was in the beginning. None of the four of us had the same habits or personalities.

Ha yea what you said, didn't see your response baby number three needed something. #distractions