Replies

• sixibabey
    sixibabey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    no
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oo oo ooo!! That would be me. One of my hobbies is studying quantum mechanics and the cosmos. Because I can. :) I have an entire bookshelf of physics books. I'm very much an amateur, but my understanding is great. I love Brian Cox & Brian Greene, as well as Stephan Hawking's works. My big problem is that I am LAME at teh maths. :P

Fortunately, it appears that as computing moves forward, especially storage, I'll have an advantage from my background of study. :D
    You forgot about Michio Kaku!

I am a Mechanical Engineer by education and trade, but I love physics. Especially quantum mechanics and particle physics. And am even good at the maths (minored in Mathematics). My cat is named Tori Schrödinger :wink:

Schrödinger's Eq....brilliant. I wish I was a particle in a box.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Yeah, everyone in my CHEM 150 class. SHUT UP. No one is here to discuss theoretical physics. We're here to learn how to do middle school math in college. Jerks.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Me.

cartoon-+resistance.jpg
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ltqzl1mt4E1qjlylwo1_400.png
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    In for physics.

tumblr_lzr9elgF1y1qbhjt7.gif.

eq1a.gif
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oooh me me me! I'm studying nuclear engineering right now in school so physics errwhere. Enginerds ftw
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Do you know how to synthesize a methylated alkaloid ?

929171.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    No. Not at all, thanks. But have fun guise!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am interested in Physics. Science has always been an interest of mine. I studied Biology and Dance. My first college adviser was the physics teacher and he helped co-teach a choreography class about dance and physics. I married an experimental plasma physicist, he is the principle designer working on Fusion energy. I've known him for 17 years and he teaches me physics all the time.

....and you teach him the horizontal mambo dance?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I took physics, but I loved it!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am interested in Physics. Science has always been an interest of mine. I studied Biology and Dance. My first college adviser was the physics teacher and he helped co-teach a choreography class about dance and physics. I married an experimental plasma physicist, he is the principle designer working on Fusion energy. I've known him for 17 years and he teaches me physics all the time.

....and you teach him the horizontal mambo dance?

Yep, we are both pretty creative, though, so it doesn't have to be horizontal.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Do you know how to synthesize a methylated alkaloid ?

Bump a hydrogen off a nitrogen and replace it with a CH3 group.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    in...

...for the Meissner Effect!

j9bVtX4.gif

My senior year, I won our state science competition by building one of these. :D
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oo oo ooo!! That would be me. One of my hobbies is studying quantum mechanics and the cosmos. Because I can. :) I have an entire bookshelf of physics books. I'm very much an amateur, but my understanding is great. I love Brian Cox & Brian Greene, as well as Stephan Hawking's works. My big problem is that I am LAME at teh maths. :P

Fortunately, it appears that as computing moves forward, especially storage, I'll have an advantage from my background of study. :D

I am a Mechanical Engineer by education and trade, but I love physics. Especially quantum mechanics and particle physics. And am even good at the maths (minored in Mathematics). My cat is named Tori Schrödinger :wink:

I'm actually not a big fan of Michio since he's become a media ho. :\ And he's more of a theoretical physicist than quantum. I do have some of his books too! But I do believe that he and NDG are doing great things to bring science to the masses, so.
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    more interested in things like geomorphology and climatology and hydrology - but they all have a basis in physics so I have a background interest in physics :P
  • Curved_Chica
    Options
    Do we get to watch paint dry together?
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

I'm actually not a big fan of Michio since he's become a media ho. :\ And he's more of a theoretical physicist than quantum. I do have some of his books too! But I do believe that he and NDG are doing great things to bring science to the masses, so.
    I am not so much a fan of his futurist stuff, but I like how good of a job he does in his explanations and his passion.

I do like theoretical physics as well and have read several books on relativity.

NDG?
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Physics, maths, gimme gimme <3 But I'll be studying chemistry in a while.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Do we get to watch paint dry together?

While learning about what makes everything work might not be as fun as watching "Jersey Shore" I think it is pretty darn exciting. I don't understand how anyone could honestly find it boring. If you said it was confusing I would understand but I can't fathom how it could be boring.