I still will not give up!!!

Options
paulkj
paulkj Posts: 163 Member
Good morning all.

Just wanted to vent a little.

I know that there have been many posts about this, but it's easier understood when it happens to someone else.

So I have been on this journey for one month and lost 8 pounds so far. Then, I had tragedy in my family which, unfortunately, lead to a little too much alcohol. I kept within my calorie range and I still continued to work out. Since coming back to work, I've been super strict with my diet, going on my daily walks and drinking plenty of water. As it turns out, I stepped on the scale this morning and low and behold 3 pounds of weight loss was staring in my face!!!

I know that these things happen and I've been at this 3 pound increase for a week and by my diligence I was hoping to shed at least one...

This is super frustrating as many of you know, but the difference between this time and the last times I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!!

Any way, thanks for letting me vent and I will step on the scale again tomorrow and hope for the best.

Many blessings and happy losing to each and everyone of you.

Replies

• Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Way to stay in the game, even through personal hardships. ^.^
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Even though it is a huge let down, I would let myself down even more if I gave up!
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    3 pounds could easily be water - a high sodium meal or just "normal" fluctuations. You're right to just put it behind you and stay on track. Weight loss is not known to be predictably linear.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Great attitude...I just sent a friend request :smile: