rotator cuff injury??

Options
I lift weights Mon-fri. On Thursday (yesterday), I rolled out of bed weirdly and felt a pop in my left shoulder and I immediately got pain in my front delt area. Ironically it was my chest day and I really did not want to tap out just because I hurt my shoulder from rolling over.
I did my workout and noticed my left arm was very week, I pushed through it because I did not feel much pain, just weeknes in my shoulder. After my workout my shoulder was obviously feeling worse as time went by. I wakeup this morning and stretch it out, and as I stretch my arm behind me, it makes a poping and grinding noise and feeling.
I know I'm stupid for working out the same day I hurt my arm but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar problem? And what is this poping and grinding?
It was wors this morning than it feels tonight.
I'm glad the weekend is here so it won't get in the way of my routine but I'm worried about next week's routine

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You should go to your doctor. Shoulder injuries are no joke and can easily set your goals back by years if left untreated or through ignoring proper treatment.

I've been there, as have many others. It's not fun, and definitely not worth it.
  • kingkam21
    kingkam21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You should go to your doctor. Shoulder injuries are no joke and can easily set your goals back by years if left untreated or through ignoring proper treatment.

I've been there, as have many others. It's not fun, and definitely not worth it.

Could my injury be that dang bad from just rolling out of bed? I know I made it wors but I can't imagine screwing my arm up that bad from rolling over
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

This x1000, although if you can get straight to a physio with no referral I'd do that.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    kingkam21 wrote: »

Could my injury be that dang bad from just rolling out of bed? I know I made it wors but I can't imagine screwing my arm up that bad from rolling over

It could be that your injury happened at some other time and this just aggravated it enough to make it noticeable... or it could be nothing... but why take the chance of setting yourself back or setting yourself up for something worse at a later time?

Personally, I'd have it checked out if it were me and be safe as opposed to sorry if it turned out to be anything at all.

As I said, I've been there and spent months on end rehabbing a shoulder injury only to effectively have to start lifting from scratch again afterward.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Please go see your doctor!
  • kingkam21
    kingkam21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    kingkam21 wrote: »

It could be that your injury happened at some other time and this just aggravated it enough to make it noticeable... or it could be nothing... but why take the chance of setting yourself back or setting yourself up for something worse at a later time?

Personally, I'd have it checked out if it were me and be safe as opposed to sorry if it turned out to be anything at all.

As I said, I've been there and spent months on end rehabbing a shoulder injury only to effectively have to start lifting from scratch again afterward.

Wow, that is definitely something I do not want.
    I will give it a week and see what happens. If it's still clicking and grinding than I will go in.
    I just wanted to get thee advice from someone who has the experience and I appreciate the advice
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Shoulder's are no joke.

Get it looked at by a pro. They can assess you, give you physio exercises to rehab it properly and tell you what movements to avoid while you heal.

Winging it and trying to tough through a normal workout are unlikely to make you better... and probably set you up for long term issues.