If you keep doing this....in 5 weeks your weight is 135 lbs

I am just wondering. I set my goals of 2lbs/week and I checked in now 30 days in a row. I started with 158 lbs. Everyday after my log in on the bottom is says "in 5 weeks you will weight 144 lbs. I logged in for 30 days now. Most of the time I don't eat my 1200 cal but I am doing exercise 6x/weeks,(cardio,bootcamp, jogging). Now today after 30 days I am still at 154 lbs. it fluctuates up and down during this time. It seems I can not past the 154 lbs mark. What do I do wrong. I get frustrated. I am in my 50's and I know it is harder when your older but still, people in my age group just reduce their portion sizes and loose 7 lbs in 3 weeks no exercise and I am exercising that hard since the last 2 years and nothing moves. Please I would need some advise. Thanks guys

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    What is your height
    How are you measuring your food intake
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    So it seems you lost 4lbs in one month. This is as much as I lose. At that weight you can't expect a much faster loss while staying healthy. The people at 200+lbs can of course lose much faster because they metabolise at much higher calorie range. You can't compete with them.
  • Seffell
    Oh forgot to say. This is actually an answer to your particular question. Even if you set MFP at 5lbs/week it will still show you 1200calday because this is the minimum for women. Try it if you like. Up it to 1.5 or 1lbs/week and see that it will stay around 1200. So 1200 for your weight is actaully losing 1lbs/week. And this is what is happening to you. So all is working according to plan.

• Seffell
    1lbs=3500 cal. So you need to make 500cal deficit a day. Your Basic metabolic rate is probably around 1450-1500. I'm going to assume you are Sedentary. Say you exercise for another 200-300 cal/day. So that makes it 1750 on average. You eat 1200. That leaves 550cal/day deficit. Which equals 1lbs/week loss - exactly what is happening to you.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    At your weight you probably don't have very much to lose. AS was explained. Setting your goal for 2 pounds a week is too aggressive and MFP won't allow it so your calorie goal is at the bottom of what is healthy for an adult female and that is probably for the 1 pound you have been losing per week. Which to be honest is a really nice loss and you should try to look at this as a positive. You are having good success.

Keep it going. :)
  • baerbelglasser
    baerbelglasser Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks guys, it is just frustrating... I am 5 foot 4 and 154 lbs. It's just that I actually dont eat 1200 cal and work out and I would like to go down to 135. But it looks like I can't reach it. I am at this weight since 2 yrs and nothing happens after 154 lbs. Ughghh
  • SassySallySue180
    SassySallySue180 Posts: 2 Member
    My personal trainer told me if I don't eat the right amount of calories that is needed for my body and weight my body is not going to lose as well if I over eat... it's going to store that fat and continue to hold onto it therefore not losing any weight....I'm just learning about this eating healthy stuff... I've always been thin but I quit smoking 8 months ago and I wasn't paying attention to the food I was eating and I gained so much weight now I'm fighting like crazy to lose it!
    Anyway good luck and thanks for sharing cause I feel that way some times too!
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2016
    My personal trainer told me if I don't eat the right amount of calories that is needed for my body and weight my body is not going to lose as well if I over eat... it's going to store that fat and continue to hold onto it therefore not losing any weight...

As good as it sounds, that starvation theory is a myth. I would get a new trainer if I were you.

OP, make sure you're weighing all your food and logging every bite you take. If you don't lose weight following the calorie goal MFP has given you, try lowering it 100 calories and see if that works. Good job on your loss so far, and good luck with the remaining!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    My personal trainer told me if I don't eat the right amount of calories that is needed for my body and weight my body is not going to lose as well if I over eat... it's going to store that fat and continue to hold onto it therefore not losing any weight....I'm just learning about this eating healthy stuff... I've always been thin but I quit smoking 8 months ago and I wasn't paying attention to the food I was eating and I gained so much weight now I'm fighting like crazy to lose it!
    Anyway good luck and thanks for sharing cause I feel that way some times too!

Really!? a personal trainer should know better... So not true..

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
  • LC107
    LC107 Posts: 41 Member
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    1lbs=3500 cal. So you need to make 500cal deficit a day. Your Basic metabolic rate is probably around 1450-1500. I'm going to assume you are Sedentary. Say you exercise for another 200-300 cal/day. So that makes it 1750 on average. You eat 1200. That leaves 550cal/day deficit. Which equals 1lbs/week loss - exactly what is happening to you.
    This was explained so simply. I appreciate it. This helps me a lot and I'm not even the original OP. :D
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Are you weighing your food?????
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Check to see if your personal trainer has a degree and is certified. If not, fire him. And if he is degreed or certified and told you this, fire him anyway because it doesn't know what he's talking about.