What are you gonna do when you reach your goal?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Although I'm not sure I'll ever reach it, tbh. Too hungry and I like sweets too much!
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Feel good about myself for the first time in more years than I want to admit. This last pound or so is very elusive but as soon as I reach this goal, I will be setting a new one because I broke up my weight loss goals in segments so it didn't seem so impossible to reach. This first goal is my largest segment...43 lbs...but the next ones are going to be smaller...10,10 & 5...so I don't discourage myself. When I reach my final goal, I will be seeking advice on how to maintain it and finally buy some new clothes for the first time in years! Oh, and I will be posting a new profile pic for each goal made. Btw, I have already entered the 5K walk portion of a Marathon which will be the last weekend of April. This is a really big deal for me since I have a history of issues that include, but not limited to, just walking out to the driveway to get in my car or walking across the street.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    When I reach goal...I am not going to stop! I am going to pick another goal and stay in maintenance. Don't stop watching your weight, foods and exercising when you meet your goal. Reward yourself big time!
  • ldymirage615
    ldymirage615 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maintain and continue walking daily. Buy better fitting clothes and be happy
  • viviansmit642
    viviansmit642 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Buy and wear clothes I never could before and I really want scleropathy on my legs! I haven't worn shorts or skirts since I was a teenager because of my spider veins! I can't wait!!!
  • ritzyswish
    ritzyswish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wear my wardrobe of size 10 clothes, the ones that used to fit me 3 years ago....
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Pick another goal.

Yep, this. Although my primary goal is to be stronger, fitter, and more awesome than yesterday. Secondary goal is to make wise choices (most of the time ;) ). I accomplish at least one of these daily, and the goal never expires :)
  • AlanahBeez
    AlanahBeez Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    But an awesome sexy swimsuit :)
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I'll set another goal!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I think I bought a new computer. It's now an excellent surface for my cup of tea while watching TV on the bed :)

It's kinda strange that most rewards I can think of are fitness related. I always assumed those were just tools to facilitate the getting fit process, and that my preferred rewards would have to do with everything else
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    XquizitEM wrote: »
    To put on a Bikini and hit the beach!!! My friend and I can't wait for that.

I thought about doing this ... but it is so cold here year round that I figured I'd freeze to death.
  • TGraceS
    TGraceS Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    It's kinda strange that most rewards I can think of are fitness related. I always assumed those were just tools to facilitate the getting fit process, and that my preferred rewards would have to do with everything else

I just started my journey so I decided that the best ways of rewarding myself would be with things I really really want- better fitting clothes for the lost weight and the tattoo for when I can see my abs which IS a fitness goal. After that, maybe it'll be a squat goal or something! At the moment I'm seeing it as a two step process but I know it'll change as my body and habits change.
  • Machka9
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Not strange at all.

I celebrate things with long bicycle rides. I graduate uni ... I go for a long bicycle ride to celebrate. Something sad happens, like when my cats passed away ... I did memorial rides for each of them. When my first niece was born, I was out riding a 200 km randonnee that day!

For me, losing weight means that I can do more again ... and so I do. When I reached my first goal, I cycled 100 miles (a century) and then a few days later hiked to the top of a mountain. About the time I reached my second goal, I did a pair of metric centuries (100 km each) and then another century. As my focus changed to fitness and something that resembled maintenance, I cycled a 200 km randonnee to see if I could do it. And then I cycled up the tallest mountain around ... not a bad accomplishment for someone who is not a hill climber.

When I was heavier, I couldn't do those things. Now I can. So I do.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, two things: like others have mentioned, I'll set another goal. But tbh I'll also probably cry out of happiness haha.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ghouli wrote: »
    Well, two things: like others have mentioned, I'll set another goal. But tbh I'll also probably cry out of happiness haha.

Not gonna lie, I have had my fair share of tears during my transformation. No shame in that :)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Getting a tattoo as well! Either a daffodil or a mandala of my own design. Will be my first color tattoo!
  • Burnitstell
    Burnitstell Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get some professional photos taken ;)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to enjoy it but not let myself get too relaxed. I have reached my goal already just to regain 40 of the 65 pounds back 2 years later.

My reward will be fitting into my clothes that I bought last time I reached my goal and feeling confident again!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Maintain. I was at goal a few years ago and I stopped logging and watching my food/exercise. I gained a lot back. So this time my huge gift to myself is to stay at goal forever. 30/35 pounds til I am back there again.

I also have a tattoo lined up, but I think I'm saving it til I have maintained for a year.
  • Machka9
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    Maintain. I was at goal a few years ago and I stopped logging and watching my food/exercise. I gained a lot back. So this time my huge gift to myself is to stay at goal forever. 30/35 pounds til I am back there again.

I also have a tattoo lined up, but I think I'm saving it til I have maintained for a year.

And that, to me, is the more challenging part.

It wasn't difficult losing the weight, but now I've got to keep it off and I'm finding that more challenging.

I have this goal of keeping it off until the end of year of my 50th birthday (or in other words until Dec 31, 2017) ... and during the year of my 50th birthday, I want to do several things I haven't done in a long time. Sports things. Like there's a difficult 15 km hike in the Canadian Rockies I have my eye on. Last time I did that was probably in the 1980s. And I'm toying with a few other ideas too.

Oh, and I'd like a set of professional photos taken on or near my 50th birthday.

So I've got to keep watching what I eat, keep active, and keep mindful about things.