sm3beu35c1w4.jpg
  • diniparamita_s
    diniparamita_s Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hahaha i like u alreadyy.. Lets be weight loss buddy
  • cdogg1970
    cdogg1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom that needs to lose 80ish lbs. I'm 45 - and I had been gaining 5 lbs a year for years - just buying bigger clothes - then I had a couple babies back to back at 38 and 39, lost the weight each time, started smoking again after each pregnancy. I finally quit smoking in Feb 2012 for good, and gained 30 lbs. Now I weigh as much as I weighed when I delivered my babies, and I just can't lose it! I drop 8-10 lbs, then gain it right back.

I've dropped all my "friends" on my fitness pal because I felt like it was an unhealthy competition, rather than motivating and supportive, you know?

I pretty much start everyday making healthy choices - hard boiled eggs for breakfast, non-fat greek yogurt a couple hours later - then someone has donuts, or we have cake to celebrate a birthday or promotion or retirement... and I fall apart! Then I spend the rest of the day eating like it's my final hoorah! Chicken and dumplings for dinner, cookies after the kids are in bed... Everyday is the same!!
  • mandylenk
    mandylenk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ooh, some good friends to request on this post! Ive been on here for years. When consistent, it works! But lately, I havent been able to find motivation. We are going to FL in two weeks, so trying on summer clothes from last year have kicked me right in the behind! I'm 5'4, and would like to start with a goal of losing 25lbs. That would take me bakc to my pre-pregnancy weight. My kids are almost 13 and 9 (:()). Once that goal is reached, I'd love to lose another 20lbs. trying to log and go low carb this time.
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    I like humor too. Add me
  • supermomgray
    supermomgray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too
  • punkyb07
    punkyb07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add you as a friend but then I saw you're a Duke Fan. As an NCSU grad, I'm not sure this thing will work between us. Think I can overlook this MAJOR flaw and add you anyway.
  • MrsWarrior
    MrsWarrior Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh I love your intro :D

Mom of 2 here, a 3 year old son and a 5 year old french Bulldog.
    I'm 34, 5'1" and need to lose about 55 pounds.
    Add me, cause people don't get my humor and I need a lot of it during this process.
  • Elsie_LV
    Elsie_LV Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you because you made me laugh. XD
    I like being around happy/weird people! haha
  • Butt3rfly831
    Butt3rfly831 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love a good laugh you can add me as well..
  • CourtneyKirby
    CourtneyKirby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Girl you are right up my alley! Life's too short to be miserable and let's be real - no one is going to maintain if food makes them sad! I'll add ya!
  • TooShortForThisWeight
    Options
    You guys rock!!!
    201504_1140_ahdhb_sm.jpg
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love your OP! Please add me if you'd like! :-)
  • brown_eyed_girl13
    brown_eyed_girl13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to add me. I've lost count on how many times I've tried this healthy way of life. I am always laughing, mainly at myself, since some people have a hard time picking up my humor. So feel free to laugh with me, since I know you're not laughing at me
  • TooShortForThisWeight
    Options
    findingro wrote: »
    I too enter beast mode through the streets of Compton

Whoop Whoop!!! *barks lik a dog* DMX does it to me each time
    Hahaha I'm a Notre Dame fan..... :p Anyhow, I'm 33, mother of 9 year old twins. I've lost 36 pounds so far. Have you heard of the Hogwarts Running Club? I'm a member and my house is Hufflepuff. I just signed up for the Umbridge 13K. Can we still be friends even if I'm Irish? ;)

I have not! I am looking it up thank you!!!

As long as you are not a Tar heels fan, we are okay

• TooShortForThisWeight
    Options
    Hahaha I'm a Notre Dame fan..... :p Anyhow, I'm 33, mother of 9 year old twins. I've lost 36 pounds so far. Have you heard of the Hogwarts Running Club? I'm a member and my house is Hufflepuff. I just signed up for the Umbridge 13K. Can we still be friends even if I'm Irish? ;)

It is on woman! Just joined Slytherin. Looks like I need to sign up for the 13k as soon as can figure out how this works exactly

• megan7190
    megan7190 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) the more support and motivation the better. :)
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    sent. :)
  • Pollance
    Pollance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love ur humor! Pls add me too. Only way to get thru this is together, & to laugh along the way. Have 60 more to go so will be here long term.
    I'm from Massachusetts
  • TooShortForThisWeight
    Options
    Added you guys!!!

d14cfecebf7187756274bcdcfad2f5ca.jpg