Fell off the wagon now what?!

Options
Hi everyone yesterday was a very bad day. I ATE EVERYTHING.
(Went to a burger bar for lunch followed by a massive desert
Then at night I went to a party and ate ALOT again...)

My question is what do I do now?
All I've eaten is an apple and skipped lunch.
Should I just eat a small salad for dinner?
I don't know what to eat becoz I feel like I've eaten 3 days worth of calories in one day.
So I was thinking about eating the least bit of food.

Or should I just treat this as a new day and eat what I normally would? (Breakfast lunch dinner)

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Get back to your schedule and eat like you ate the days before yesterday. That is ALL you need to do :) Good luck.
    'Or should I just treat this as a new day and eat what I normally would? (Breakfast lunch dinner) '
    This :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. It's just one day (which won't ruin anything).
  • yasmingingerbread
    yasmingingerbread Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your not the only one who does this. Most people on diets, myself included binge every now and then. Dont skip lunch or go below 1200 calories the next day becouse that will slow down your metabolism. Just try to reach your goal and you'll be fine :smile:
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Check your calories and make sure you haven't set them too low. If you get too ambitious with calorie cutting it often will lead to binging. Once you've gotten realistic, then just go about your business and stick with it. No need to punish yourself by starving today.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat as you did before yesterday. Restricting your calories even more could lead to a repeat.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Check your calories and make sure you haven't set them too low. If you get too ambitious with calorie cutting it often will lead to binging. Once you've gotten realistic, then just go about your business and stick with it. No need to punish yourself by starving today.
    This. How many calories are you set to eat, OP?
    Your not the only one who does this. Most people on diets, myself included binge every now and then. Dont skip lunch or go below 1200 calories the next day becouse that will slow down your metabolism. Just try to reach your goal and you'll be fine :smile:
    No, just no. That's not how the metabolism works.

• FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options

My calories are around 1500-15800
    Yesterday was a celebration which I didn't handle properly
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone who commented I'm still just so upset for screwing up yesterday but hopefully it won't happen again :(
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I law

I always take special days and holidays off. The trick is to not go crazy and truly binge, but expecting yourself to skip birthday cake and holiday feasts just seems a bit over the top to me.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There is no wagon. There's only life. That was yesterday, now today is today. Eat properly and move on.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

I know 15800 is a typo, but I just started salivating at the thought! Forget about yesterday and move on.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    what do you mean what do you do? cant go back in time.

do better today....
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Off the wagon? Just hop back on. Nothing more you can do. The past happened, and it's in the past.
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just move on. If you try to "fix" a bad day by undereating in the days following, you may very well end up cranky, hungry, and overeat all over again.