FOOD IN FLORIDA

Options
xLexi28
xLexi28 Posts: 17 Member
heyy,
I'm going to be in Florida for about two weeks, and it'll be easy for me to get fast food every day. I need some good places to eat while I'm down there!
I will be in the Orlando area. I don't mind up to an hour drive. so please, if you know of any good spots to eat let me know!

Replies

• Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a kitchenette or even just a microwave and mini fridge, you might do better to go to the local piggly wiggly or wegmans supermarket and cook your own food. Cheaper and healthier.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Witchdoctor58. You can do really well with just a microwave. If there's not one in your room, there might be one you can use in the "breakfast area" if the hotel offers free breakfast. I travel with a small electric skillet, some lightweight plates and bowls and flatware.

Other options, if you can't cook at the hotel, is to get food from a food bar at a supermarket. Salad bar is a great option. Of course, Wegman's has awesome choices, and (at least near me) you can go upstairs and eat anything you buy there. Pick up some fruit to keep in your room for snacks - apples, oranges and bananas and many others don't need a fridge. You can even find plenty of healthy choices at 7-11 (or whatever they have in Florida). Yogurt, cheese, crackers, sandwiches, sometimes hard boiled eggs...
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    YELP is your best friend!
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Not sure if still there, but a few years ago went to a restaurant called Seasons 52 that has everything calorie counted - smaller Brit sized portions! Still think about the stuffed chillis.... Yum!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is a major city with tourists from all over the world. You can get anything you want.
    Do you have specific concerns? Are you going to be in a hotel room? Ask for a microwave and a fridge.
    The hotel probably has a restaurant. You can call ahead of time to ask about their menu.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The annual Flower & Garden festival is underway at Epcot. They have food booths from around the world.

I was there a week ago.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »

Other options, if you can't cook at the hotel, is to get food from a food bar at a supermarket. Salad bar is a great option. Of course, Wegman's has awesome choices, and (at least near me) you can go upstairs and eat anything you buy there. Pick up some fruit to keep in your room for snacks - apples, oranges and bananas and many others don't need a fridge. You can even find plenty of healthy choices at 7-11 (or whatever they have in Florida). Yogurt, cheese, crackers, sandwiches, sometimes hard boiled eggs...

Well, we are out of Piggly Wiggly's in the metro Orlando area (used to have one in Ocoee.) Publix is the go-to supermarket.