mom pouch

Options
2»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Your skin will probably improve enormously (whether or not you lose the fat), but it will take a year or two.

Try to focus on other victories (scale, and non-scale) in the meantime:

Take photos with clothes on, take measurements, appreciate comments you get, try to check yourself out in the mirror in flattering light/angles.

Almost everybody isn't going to see the belly fat, so it's not really important anyway!
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    I'm 5'4" and 133 and no luck so far, but my body seems determined to shed fat from everywhere else before it goes for the stomach (nice lean armpits, anyone?!)...

Seriously. Why do our bodies do this to us??? Lol
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    Keep eating at a deficit or surgery (or both in some cases). Mine's never going away without surgery, but I've been morbidly obese for 35 years.

The fat won't without surgery? Why?

Well, I don't really want to spend the next 2-3 years dieting down to a weight that will take the fat off my belly. I had enough problems eating 1700 calories a day. Just thinking about how "little" I'd have to eat to lose another 25-30# gives me the shivers. I'd rather have surgery than be on a miserly, limited calorie intake. Not that I'm having surgery. Can't afford it even if it was deemed necessary.

you do realize though, you need to eat at maintenance after surgery or you'll just gain back?

I'm at 1200 and it's not that difficult. It's all in what you choose and how badly you want to make it happen.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    The fat will go but it may be the last to go. I'm 5'5.5" and 148 lbs and am looking at getting down to 135-137, possibly lower, to see mine go. (Estimate based on a 5 lb fat model.)

Read through this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

It depends on your genetics really.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Firstly you carried 4 kids. That's amazing!

Having children changes your body forever. But time does help with loose skin, definitely (years rather than months though). I just had a 10lb baby a few months ago, have been using amlactin lotion on my belly and it really doesn't look that bad (it looks a lot better than it did after my other pregnancies). So try that, it can't hurt right?
    As for the fat, yes it does go away but it may be the last place. I can be super skinny everywhere and my belly still stores fat.