Girls over 200

Options
13»

Replies

• aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 265, the heaviest I've ever been. I used MFP 2 years ago and lost 50lbs in 4 months. I gained it all back (plus some) when I met my then-fiancé and got married. Life is settled now and I'm back at calorie counting and exercising. Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • Hope4Beth
    Hope4Beth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started on this journey on Feb. 6 at 233 pounds. (I am only 5 feet tall by the way.) I am now down to 217. I am weighing and logging everything. I stay just under 1200 calories a day. I hope to begin adding exercise to my routine soon.
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I started out at 378 the first week of January 2016. As of this morning I have lost a total of 45 Lbs and am at 333 Lbs. Every pound is a hard fought battle but every week I feel better. I can't say I look better because of how big I am but I can tell I have lost and it makes every pound worth any sacrifice.

I hope this has been of some help. I know motivation is tough so just keep your immediate goals small. I have to remind myself that this will take a long time. I have dieted before and don't usually get past the first month because I get cravings for the things that I know I can't have. This time I haven't set any rules about "taboo foods". I have to be realistic with the facts that I will be "bad" sometimes. I'm trying very hard not to beat myself up figuratively and to just get up and do better the next day. It has been working and I've managed to keep my head on straight for almost 3 months with only small missteps. I wish you the best of luck. I'm here if you need help.
  • vlv242006
    vlv242006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'm 5'7 and 244 pounds. I have been on this path twice now and both times I have gained it all back. :(:'( However, today is my first day on this weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me ;)
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    xae5bhnbmlgf.png
    Start 244lb
    End 173lb
    12 months
    Aged 42
    1500 cal a day
    Loads exercise

Got really ill so am losing some gained and to get to goal
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I started at 275, and it took me a year to get to 285. I slacked for a year, and now I'm 189. I hope by this time next year I'm at goal weight (150).
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    xae5bhnbmlgf.png
    Start 244lb
    End 173lb
    12 months
    Aged 42
    1500 cal a day
    Loads exercise

Got really ill so am losing some gained and to get to goal

You look amazing. I was back up to 254.6 11 days ago, couldn't believe it, and my goal is 170, my calories are 1510. Did you stick to that calorie goal the whole time or did you change it as you went?

• cynthiah69
    cynthiah69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have two weightloss journey that I've been through. First one was from 2008-2013. I slowly lost weight, started living an active lifestyle and eating more healthily as well as smaller portions. I started strength training, dancing, running once my body was lighter, around 2010. In 2011, I started making goals, meaning I started tracking my weight, and trying to lose weight. In 2012, I became a dance coach and my weight was 145. I finally hit my goal weight of 125 in 2013. BEST I've ever felt. Although it was slow, I don't regret anything.

Then I gained weight due to personal reasons from 2014-2015. I lost a lot in my life and put on so much weight that I am not proud of. I sky rocketed to 210 ibs. I was depressed..I looked old. I wasn't strong. FINALLY I realized...I did it once, I can do it again. So, I just did it. This January 2016, I started working out. I became vegan. Now I'm 156 ibs and feeling like this is easy. I can do it. As long as you put your mind to it, you can do ANYTHING. I am FINALLY going to decide what's important in my life. You can do it.
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I started at 228 lb as my highest non-pregnant weight. Currently 178.

Hard to say how long it took, but my fourth baby just turned 5 months old and I was 218 at delivery.

Work in progress :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My story appears in the Success Forum, My Shocking 21 month Progress Pic. It should be on the first or 2nd page.
    SW 301
    CW 165
    GW 150
    60 yo
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight the last few years, my heaviest is about 271, where I was in November. Recently went through a break up and started using MFP daily and have lost about 23 lbs since then, now about 248. Im 5'9 and looking to eventually weight around 160, I've always been at least a little overweight so it will be weird but very nice to finally reach my goal! Feel free to add me for mutual support!
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Started Jan. 1st at around 262 and 5'8...currently at 237. Been fluctuating back and forth between 5 lbs the past 3 weeks, but that's a different story for a different day.

CICO, water, lean meats, fruits/veggies and very limited processed food has worked this far in regards to nutrition. Exercise has mostly been Strong lifts a few times a week and increased walking. Best wishes!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I started out at 255 pounds in mid-January and so far I've lost 18 pounds. I'm 43 and 5'6". I'm logging religiously and exercising 5x/week. I'm already seeing huge improvements in my fitness. My current goal is to just get below 200... after that, we'll see how much further I'll want to go.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I've been a member on and off since 2012. My top weight I was around 220lbs. I'm 5'2". For me there was no magic formula and no quick fixes. It's slow and steady with tons of victories as well as disappointments. I have lost, gotten away from the site, gained and come back. I've done this many times. My lowest weight was May2014 at 149lbs. This past 2015 holiday I was back to 172 so I logged back in Jan. I'm down to 156 as of this morning. I am 19lbs to my goal weight. My best advice is to stick with this. Don't look for shortcuts and quick fixes. This will work. believe in the process and don't give up on days you fail!

ow7ls6xf4iax.jpg

This was taken last week, standing in a pair of shorts I used to wear!