Trying to get back into it after struggling

Options
Hi everyone, Ive been on Myfitnesspal for awhile but I havent been on in many months, I think I lost alot of friends due to my absence. I was struggling w my depression and my dad has cancer. But its time for me to take care of myself. If anyone would like an extra friend add me :) and good luck to everyone, many blessings

Replies

• FeliciadelaAwesome
    FeliciadelaAwesome Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's quite a struggle. I've been off for a awhile but that was because I was being lazy. What are you doing to stay positive?
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I was being lazy too, I shouldnt use excuses to not take care of myself. My dad is stable right now which helps alot and my medication is working. I just started herbalife and this weekend I really need to get back into working out at least 5 times a week, just hard to get motivated after doing nothing for like a year and a half!
  • egrana1
    egrana1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was just in a very similar situation. I understand your struggle. Just 20 days ago I started going back to the gym and keeping track of my food again and my medication kicked in about a month ago. I just added you and I'll be happy to help in whatever way possible with your nutrition and fitness objectives!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your dad, but glad he is stable. It's easy to put yourself on the back burner, take care of others and forget about you. Remember like on an airplane, they say that you have to put the breathing mask on YOU first then tend to others around you that need help with theirs.
    I did that with my husband dealing with waiting for a liver, but he got that transplant and life goes on :-) I shall give you a thought that has helped me recently:

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's unbecoming everything that isn't you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

So my mantra these days is to be perfectly imperfect. Hey reality happens when you are busy making plans right?

So if you wish an old wise lady, (hey that's me by the way!) feel free to add me. I won't point my finger at you or anything, but I will do mental cartwheels when you do awesome!
  • CitizenMichael
    CitizenMichael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma, good for you getting back into it, I also use Herbalife products, they are not for everyone however they work for me and help keep me more focused. Feel free to add me if you like and good luck on your journey
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hello Emma. Sadly my father lost his battle with cancer last July and I also experienced some depression (before and after) and gained some weight during that time. I also lost my mum late 2013. It's hard to put yourself first sometimes. You're most welcome to ping me a FR if you like.