failure

Options
I'm starting yet again. I just feel like such a failure. I never seem to be able to stick with anything. I feel so disgusted when i look at myself. I remember how I used to look, when I was healthy never skinny but healthy. Just wish i didnt comfort myself with food. This is one tough journey especially wo support and doing it alone.

Replies

• maire911
    maire911 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain & frustration! It's such a challenge & can be so depressing. Do you have any friends who can support you? Any classes you can join to meet people with the same goals? You CAN do this!
  • ObsessiveRunner24
    ObsessiveRunner24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Try not to give up ever. Keep trying and don't be disappointed at any point of your struggle. I'm sure you will be successful in achieving your goals. Everything is possible.. :):)
  • karebare180
    karebare180 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's normal that we want to eat so much, you shouldn't tell yourself to stop eating, but question WHAT your eating. Animal products and processed foods will always lead to weight gain, if you don't want to give it up that's fine, just minimize it. Sometimes your body is craving proper nutrition that only plant foods can give you. Don't give up, there is a way, you just gotta find it
  • crexandangela
    crexandangela Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First thing you need to do, is remind yourself, YOU ARE WORTH IT! You ARE worth the effort, and you ARE worth a healthy body, and you ARE worth loving yourself!! Make friends here on mfp. Reach out for help! I've sent you a friend request, I hope you add me!
  • 2015fitnessmode
    2015fitnessmode Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba at the YMCA. I dont really know anyone there though, they all sorta had their groups when i started. Honestly i dont really have any friends. My brothers fiancee says she wants to lose weight too but, she works alot and i dont see her being consistant enough to help me. Thanks for the encouragement! It means alot.
  • mheenan230
    mheenan230 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please try not to be so discouraged...I hear every word you are saying...try one thing and try to stick to it...feeding yourself such negative thoughts can really set you up for failure...I feel very similar that I can never stick to one thing...let's try to support each other...blessings for us on our journey...
  • ObsessiveRunner24
    ObsessiveRunner24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    mheenan230 wrote: »
    Please try not to be so discouraged...I hear every word you are saying...try one thing and try to stick to it...feeding yourself such negative thoughts can really set you up for failure...I feel very similar that I can never stick to one thing...let's try to support each other...blessings for us on our journey...

I agree. And best of luck to you as well
  • soullevel
    soullevel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There is a lot if support in these forums and discussions! You have support right here. FR us
  • tdenneyfitness
    tdenneyfitness Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's all about mindset. I PROMISE you, that if you just stick with a strong diet, EVERYTHING will come into place. Even if you don't exercise, a calorie deficit diet will serve you well! I put my mom on a diet and she has lost 30 pounds in 3 months. She couldn't exercise, she was not mentally prepared for it. But I feel like once you have the diet running for a while, it is OKAY not to exercise! Because diet is 90% of your body! Keep going strong! Because in a year from now, do you want to be the same you, or a new you? Best of luck!! <3
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's normal that we want to eat so much, you shouldn't tell yourself to stop eating, but question WHAT your eating. Animal products and processed foods will always lead to weight gain, if you don't want to give it up that's fine, just minimize it. Sometimes your body is craving proper nutrition that only plant foods can give you. Don't give up, there is a way, you just gotta find it

Not true.
  • kimesposito646
    kimesposito646 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't ever lose faith. You can surprise yourself you know
  • rodriguezdaniel598
    rodriguezdaniel598 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be rude but you have too much self pity. All I can tell you is you're not a failure if you keep trying. It's a basic thought you can lose a fight but do your best to not lose the war.If you can't motivate yourself nobody will.Sorry if I sound rude but I'm just trying to speak the reality.You can do it if you lose that nasty self pity.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Let me suggest a few resources that might be helpful to you:

Beck Diet Solution - Cognitive techniques applied to weight management:
    http://www.beckdietsolution.com/weight-loss-and-maintenance/

Intuitive Eating - Learning to recognize your hunger/satiety cues and get off the diet merry go round:
    http://www.intuitiveeating.org/content/10-principles-intuitive-eating

Mindful Eating - Eating consciously rather than mindlessly:
    http://thecenterformindfuleating.org/Principles-Mindful-Eating
  • karebare180
    edited March 2016
    Options

Not true.

Yes true.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Not true.

Yes true.

Really? I eat animal products and processed food and I am not gaining any weight. In fact my bmi and bf% are pretty good.
  • karebare180
    Options

Not true.

Yes true.

Really? I eat animal products and processed food and I am not gaining any weight. In fact my bmi and bf% are pretty good.

Is that really you in your picture profile? It looks like you work out a lot.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I think falling off the wagon and feeling like a failure is a natural part of this process. I was on MFP for a year and fully quit twice before I really started getting any traction, not to mention numerous attempts over the years to lose weight in other ways.

Really, the only solution is to just not quit, no matter how many times you fail. I know that's easier said than done, but in end it's the only way to succeed.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You need to take it slow. Start with cutting out soda or baked goods or whatever your poison is and start drinking more water
    It will take time, maybe 3 weeks to form good habits but you can do it only if you persist and persevere. I have been here since feb 2015. I have had my bad days and I have moaned and whined, but I have met good people here who have supported me When the going got tough. You need to let your family in on what you're planning to do and ask them to keep you accountable. You can also add people here to help you ☺
  • 2015fitnessmode
    2015fitnessmode Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. My son is about my only support/coach. His uncle gave him a used punching bag so were going to start working out together with it. I started a new job which is physical. So, hopefully my slump will be over soon. Diet is my main focus. Somany different options , one gets lost in the hype.
  • campbell3913
    campbell3913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Go through you cabinets and get rid of the temptation. I can't have it in the house. If you have to have a junky snack, buy the small snack size that's by the check out counter. They cost more but it's self limiting as long as you only buy 1. With a healthy diet once you get over the hump, you'll quit craving junk all the time. Buy the 8" lunch size plates, it helps us control portions. It's a day at time and if you fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and climb back on. Plan your meals and shop for the meals, avoid the aisles with cookies or whatever your weakness is. I've been at it for 3 weeks. Only 6 pounds but hey I'll take it. Logging my food really helps. Good Luck!