In my 40s and weight loss

Options
jmdkurt
jmdkurt Posts: 14 Member
Anyone in their 40s having success in weight loss? Is it hormones?

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    In my 40's and have lost 32lbs so far ...It can be done just seems a lot slower than before ...wishing you the best :)
  • jmdkurt
    Options
    I'm from Minnesota so I'm relying on an indoor gym for workouts. Did you give up wine? I'm now working out 3 times a week. Have gained 12 lbs for no reason. ...
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I workout from home :) ....I don't drink wine (allergic to grapes) I know ashame
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Am 41, have lost 33 lbs since end of November, drink beer or vodka. Workout from home, but it's the watching the calories that decide on your weight loss.
  • jmdkurt
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I've giving up on wine and instead have vodka. Counting calories is tricky. I need to work on portion control. Must start eating breakfast too.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    In my 40's and lost the weight
    You can do it
    Good luck
  • LarasLosingIt
    LarasLosingIt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    42 next month and I'm well on my way - 8 lbs since Feb 27
    Calories in vs Calories out. It is that simple.
  • alco1966
    alco1966 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.... I was in my 40s but turned 50 in Jan :-( iv lost 28lb since June... its been so long and hard to get the weight off as I have an under active thyroid as well... I have recently had an operation on my foot (2.5 weeks ago) I am not able to walk for a minimum of 6 weeks... any tips on the best exercise to do while in a wheelchair?
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    jmdkurt wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement. I've giving up on wine and instead have vodka. Counting calories is tricky. I need to work on portion control. Must start eating breakfast too.

I'm 45 and dropped 21lb since January doing nothing other than counting calories and being a bit more active.

Calorie counting isn't tricky. It's very simple. You weigh / measure everything that goes in your mouth and log it.

You don't have to have breakfast either. "Breakfast like a king, dinner like a pauper" is a MYTH. What matters is CI/CO overall and generating a calorie deficit. If you're in deficit you will lose.
  • lisap767
    lisap767 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. I'm 45 and have gained 2 stone in the past year so started on this journey one week ago and have lost 3lbs so far. Would really like a few buddies of a similar age to do this with if anyone is interested?
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It does get harder for women to lose weight in they're 40s it's a know fact perimenspausal the menopause hormones and we slow down
    In my 20s & 30s I'd lose 2-3lbs a week doing exact as I do now
    I'm 46 and it's 1/2-1lbs most weeks on 1400 calories & im 213lbs
    Hormones do effect weight it's not as simple as CICO
  • jmdkurt
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    It does get harder for women to lose weight in they're 40s it's a know fact perimenspausal the menopause hormones and we slow down

• jmdkurt
    Options
    alco1966 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.... I was in my 40s but turned 50 in Jan :-( iv lost 28lb since June... its been so long and hard to get the weight off as I have an under active thyroid as well... I have recently had an operation on my foot (2.5 weeks ago) I am not able to walk for a minimum of 6 weeks... any tips on the best exercise to do while in a wheelchair?
    Do ab twists with dumbbells
  • jmdkurt
    Options
    Do ab twists with dumbbells
  • jmdkurt
    Options
  • jmdkurt
    Options
    jmdkurt wrote: »

• jmdkurt
    Options
    That makes sense. I will be 46 soon and the hormonal changes are bad
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 47...I've lost 1st 5lb since mid Jan.
    I don't think for me it's been any harder to lose it but I think it's easier to put on in your 40's. I was always a healthy weight when I was younger.
    Middle age spread has been a thing in my case, probably due to less activity in this decade.
    No school runs, no chasing after young children. No going out dancing for hours on end and also I drive a lot more now where I used to walk everywhere when I was younger.

• Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and it can be done!
  • jmdkurt
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the support. I think also because I want to lose just 12 lbs, its harder than if I needed to lose 30lbs? Am I right?