Food Diary

Options
I'm looking for some people to add me that try to eat 1200 calories a day that have an open diary. I love getting ideas that people enjoy to eat with such a calorie restriction. I'm also wondering what you guys eat on game days for that little extra boost, I'm a fastpitch softball pitcher and need all the energy I can get without going over 1200 calories if it helps I'm 5'8 weigh 150 pounds and I'm 18. Thanks in advance

Replies

• carajoos
    carajoos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm game to sharing!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Um I assuming for the amount you want to lose to stay healthy you may have too aggressive of a goal set for your activity level.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Mandi98U wrote: »
    I'm looking for some people to add me that try to eat 1200 calories a day that have an open diary. I love getting ideas that people enjoy to eat with such a calorie restriction. I'm also wondering what you guys eat on game days for that little extra boost, I'm a fastpitch softball pitcher and need all the energy I can get without going over 1200 calories if it helps I'm 5'8 weigh 150 pounds and I'm 18. Thanks in advance

At your height, weight, and activity level, you need more than 1200 calories - that's for very short or older women.

What's your goal weight? When you put your stats in MFP and tell it you want to lose 0.5 pound per week, how many calories does it give you?
  • rowlantc
    rowlantc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat 1300 calories a day and go to sleep full. Feel free to add me. :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Please reconsider.

"5'8 weigh 150 pounds and I'm 18"
    That doesn't go very well with just a 1200 cal a day goal.

"I'm also wondering what you guys eat on game days for that little extra boost, I'm a fastpitch softball pitcher and need all the energy I can get "
    People eat food to fuel their exercise.

You have set a very aggressive goal and are not using the tool as intended, you are supposed to eat back exercise calories.
    If you prefer to eat the same daily then set your calorie goal with a TDEE calculator, not the MFP goal.

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i used to do 1200 calories per day, but i doubt what i ate would help as i tend to eat 6 200-calorie "meals" each day. my little meals were things like 15 grams of oats in 2 oz of non-fat milk with stevia with a half a scoop of protein powder, 2 egg whites with cheese and avocado as a no-carb meal, a quest bar (yum!), 2 hard boiled egg whites with 1/2 yolk, 1 Tb of trader joe's light mayo on 1 slice of bread (my bread slices are small and 70 calories per). or a measured serving of potato, mashed with 1 Tb light sour cream and 1 Tb light butter. 1/3 of a personal sized pizza (blaze or udi's, as i'm allergic to wheat).

you're burning extra calories if you do a lot of running or pitching a lot at a game, and might consider adjusting your eating time so you can have some oats or pasta before the game for a little extra energy.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Please reconsider.

"5'8 weigh 150 pounds and I'm 18"
    That doesn't go very well with just a 1200 cal a day goal.

"I'm also wondering what you guys eat on game days for that little extra boost, I'm a fastpitch softball pitcher and need all the energy I can get "
    People eat food to fuel their exercise.

You have set a very aggressive goal and are not using the tool as intended, you are supposed to eat back exercise calories.
    If you prefer to eat the same daily then set your calorie goal with a TDEE calculator, not the MFP goal.

This. You're already within the healthy BMI range, so you likely should be aiming for half a pound a week to preserve muscle.