Dairy

Other than a couple of fat free lattes, I have not had any dairy products in a few weeks. Is this real bad?

Replies

• kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Nope, not at all. Many people do not consume any dairy and are just fine. (I'm one of them.)

However, there is no reason that you need to exclude dairy from your diet for weight loss.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Think of your entire diet not just one component. You could have a good or bad diet with or without dairy.

Personally I enjoy just about all dairy products and eat/drink a lot of them.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    You don't necessarily have to have dairy. Lots of people do just fine without it.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Dairy is one of those areas that science may never agree. Personally I enjoy it, I can lose weight while adding it to my diet, my blood work only improves and improves, I don't have any symptom often attributed to dairy. I also consume the fat as part of my way of eating. But others have a horrible time with it, they will gain weight, feel bloated, and experience other symptoms. And then there is the growing concern of non organic dairy containing contaminants from the animals food source and living conditions, i.e. antibiotics, omega 6 in high amounts, steroids...etc

Bottom line, do what WORKS for you. For me I do organic but have no plans to ever remove it from my diet.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Dairy is not necessary. If you are concerned with calcium eat tofu, beans, sardines, and vegetables of the kale family.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Not at all.

100 percent agree with @RodaRose !

;-)
  • bryanwebb1970
    bryanwebb1970 Posts: 6 Member
    thanks for the advice, I like dairy products of all sorts, They just kind of fell off my radar the last few weeks