Sexercise

Options
I am not sure if this was posted before, but the combination of U Record and MFP does not have any built in "sexercise" calculations. The best we can do is create an exercise and add the calories burned manually.

But how to we calculate this accurately. We can all imagine that different positions and whether on top or on bottom makes a difference on calories burned.

I found this fairly accurate web page sex calculator in case anyone wants to log their calories burned from coital activities.

https://onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/services/widgets/sexercise/?utm_source=affiliatewindow&utm_medium=affiliate

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    This has been posted about and asked several times on the forums. Calories burned from sex should not be logged as exercise, sorry.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Got fat doing it, got thin doing it. So yea, no.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I don't log my calories from sex, but the calculator is interesting. Maybe it can explain why my Fitbit is always underestimating. ;)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Just log 30 seconds of moderate cardio.
  • MrsLMKing
    MrsLMKing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

Bahahah!
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    TuesdayMarch01st2016 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What's next? Logging masturbating?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    So you have sex, huh? That's great.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    XCKD has you covered:
    https://xkcd.com/940/
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    A calorie calculator on a website for ordering erectile dysfunction drugs and STI test/treatments online...sounds, er, trustworthy?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    This has been posted about and asked several times on the forums. Calories burned from sex should not be logged as exercise, sorry.

It's the same question about every 3 weeks, yet I click on it EVERY SINGLE TIME :#
  • queenliz99
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    A calorie calculator on a website for ordering erectile dysfunction drugs and STI test/treatments online...sounds, er, trustworthy?

I can split an oreo with the OH. Oh my
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »

I can split an oreo with the OH. Oh my

Doublestuf?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

Yeah... Agreed. When I first got my fitbit, I was curious...and immediately disappointed. :open_mouth: Never again!
    What's next? Logging masturbating?
    Only if you wear the fitbit on the...err...dominant hand, because you know, "steps"...
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I love when people try to find a "weight loss related" way to let everyone on the forums know that they're having sex.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Wear your heart rate monitor the whole time. It's the only way to be sure...
  • glasstacular
    glasstacular Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

^ this!!
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Unless you are a nympho, on a honeymoon or a sex industry worker it won't make significant impact on weight loss :D However if you are a gigolo or sth just set your activity to Active and you should be fine :D
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    People will have differing opinions on this, for sure, but here are my thoughts:

When I have sex with my woman, it is definitely a physical activity, and one that involves a lot of upper and mid-body movements. Few positions involve my lower legs.

Sexsessions can last 30 minutes to 1 hour, and my heart rate is elevated to about 60%. Sometimes, my muscles can get burned out before my drive, and that is usually my limit. Some positions are liken to a pushup, or pulling on a weighted suspension T-bar. Others may involve the muscles used for squats or lunges.

Given that experience, it is definitely a mix of cardio and resistance for me. I rarely log it unless I have my activity level set to sedentary. Most times, I have no sense of the time anyways, so yeah.

As far as helping with weight loss...the physicality of it depends on the sex you have, and the peripheral benefits of an orgasm are mostly psychological. Lavoisier's Laws still apply, so it is no better/no worse than any other physical activity (in that regard, anyways haha!).
  • queenliz99
    Options
    jdwils14 wrote: »
    People will have differing opinions on this, for sure, but here are my thoughts:

When I have sex with my woman, it is definitely a physical activity, and one that involves a lot of upper and mid-body movements. Few positions involve my lower legs.

Sexsessions can last 30 minutes to 1 hour, and my heart rate is elevated to about 60%. Sometimes, my muscles can get burned out before my drive, and that is usually my limit. Some positions are liken to a pushup, or pulling on a weighted suspension T-bar. Others may involve the muscles used for squats or lunges.

Given that experience, it is definitely a mix of cardio and resistance for me. I rarely log it unless I have my activity level set to sedentary. Most times, I have no sense of the time anyways, so yeah.

As far as helping with weight loss...the physicality of it depends on the sex you have, and the peripheral benefits of an orgasm are mostly psychological. Lavoisier's Laws still apply, so it is no better/no worse than any other physical activity (in that regard, anyways haha!).

Ello, ello!
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Bowchicapowwow...toooo much detail man!