Is this a dating site??

Options

Replies

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    I actually found a way you can supposedly search for members within your zipcode, but it doesn't work properly, and the tech team is aware of it and "working on a solution" ... so, maybe soon it can be a dating site? B)

Or a stalking site? That's not creepy at all.

Ya, looking for people nearby with similar interests totally makes me a stalker...

Let's all change our user names to our real first and last name plus the year we were born to make things easier for Rick_Nelson81...

Well I have the name part down, but I was born in 69. When you add that to your username, everyone thinks you are referring to the position. Not really a position I favor :/
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I actually found a way you can supposedly search for members within your zipcode, but it doesn't work properly, and the tech team is aware of it and "working on a solution" ... so, maybe soon it can be a dating site? B)

Ya, looking for people nearby with similar interests totally makes me a stalker...

Let's all change our user names to our real first and last name plus the year we were born to make things easier for Rick_Nelson81...

I've already sent him a wallet sized photo with my address and a list of my fears written on the back.

If you want one, I'm totally willing to go with an 8x10 for you, Miss Sexy Socks.

Can I stalk you please.... no strings attached I swear!!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I've already sent him a wallet sized photo with my address and a list of my fears written on the back.

If you want one, I'm totally willing to go with an 8x10 for you, Miss Sexy Socks.

11x14, bigger the better as they say
  • silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »
    silico wrote: »
    No but it's always good to get some publicity!

Single 25 y/o English male seeking 22-28 female for Netflix recommendations, also possibly fashion advice. :smiley:

i'm out of your age range, but if Gerard Butler give you tingles in you nethers like he does me, I highly recommend "Dear Frankie."

Err no tingles I'm afraid. But you really don't look outside 28...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    goodare34 wrote: »
    I've only been on here two days, using the app for a week though . Have had a few messages like this is a dating site. Its not is it?? Like a dating site for people getting fit? Hope not, but thought I'd better check haha

I'm certainly not using it as a dating site. Considering all bared souls of all the depressed women needing help here, I pity anyone who thinks it is.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    goodare34 wrote: »
    Me too, with six children!! Hardly a catch!

My wife's cousin was in a parking lot loading all her young kids into her van and self-consciously thinking, "Somebody's going to think I have a lot of kids. Oh, yeah. Seven's a lot."

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Single 25 y/o English male seeking 22-28 female for Netflix recommendations, also possibly fashion advice. :smiley:

i'm out of your age range, but if Gerard Butler give you tingles in you nethers like he does me, I highly recommend "Dear Frankie."

Add 11....
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    Kvm11628 wrote: »
    With the feather? Please have a feather.
    I don't see no feather. http://shop.pimphats.com/PIMP-HATS_c3.htm

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Kvm11628 wrote: »
    With the feather? Please have a feather.
    I don't see no feather. http://shop.pimphats.com/PIMP-HATS_c3.htm

Don't you think this is more her style

ccu609t8dbxi.jpeg

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed it being a dating site but then I'm not 20 something and only need 5 pounds to lose.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Predominantly not but you will find the odd few who'll add you on MFP because they want to chat you up.

Mostly, ive found people keep to their own.
  • HearMySirenSong
    HearMySirenSong Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    Tweens? Well hello out there. I just turned 30. Does that make me old enough to fulfill your daddy issues?

This made me laugh out loud.

Heartwarming to see that even after being off of MFP for a year- the same threads and such still exists.

In answer to the OP (though I believe she said she wasn't coming back) I find the best way to deal with the rando messages is either delete them (the mature thing to do) or talk crazy back to them-It's hilarious to watch the reactions. :D
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

Can I stalk you please.... no strings attached I swear!!!!

But your profile doesn't exist. You're not even here. You're like the invisible catfish. You could stalk me and I'd never know it!

I had to change my name I was looking too much like Mr. Stalkers profile, sending you a request
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Add 11....

Oh I'll add 11 for ya.
    nsTKFg43w84zm.gif

anigif_mobile_a3b778a8114728e3863e2f0d525146a0-5.gif
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    NyzOFGYVTEVW.gif

I'd let this guy buy me lunch and a beer. ;)

Next time we'll definitely follow it up with that romantic walk.
    kxfA8S9vf27zG.gif

Kinda makes you wonder what the "second location" looks like.

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    What was the original question?