Wedding weight loss!

Options
sjotto92
sjotto92 Posts: 6 Member
My fiancé and I set a date for our wedding so now I really need to get myself on track. I've gained so much weight in the last few years and isn't realize it until I saw pictures of myself. I'm looking to lose 60lb before our wedding date (6-17-17!). I really struggle with weight loss because I love junk food and find it really difficult to find time to exercise. Any and all advice would be wonderful! I would also like to have some friends to help motivate me and keep me on track, so feel free to add me!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @sjotto92 congratulations on your wedding next year. In your case your goal may be met just by falling out of love with junk food. I do not promote exercise for weight loss alone but I find walking a little every day promotes better health in my case without causing physical harm to gaining better health. Welcome to MFP forums and best of success in all that you do.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    60 lbs in a year and a bit is totally doable. I lost 60 lbs last year.

Weight loss is more about calories than exercise. Exercise is great for your health and fitness. Put your stats into MFP and set a realistic goal, 1 lbs a week would be a good one. I eat about 1550 calories and day and on average have lost a little over 1 lbs a week.

Congrats on your wedding, that's so exciting.