Net cals under weekly goal?

Options
I'm confused.

Doesn't our goal already take into account the 2 pound per week loss?

So shouldn't this net cal number be 0?

Mine says 7,000 beneath weekly goal. But my weekly goal already takes into account a 7,000 cap deficit. So I'm 14,000 under my TDEE?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your TDEE from?

MFP uses the NEAT method which means you log then eat back exercise calories.
    Your deficit is in the base calories.

Giving your stats would get you more help.

Cheers, h.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

Mine says 7,000 beneath weekly goal. But my weekly goal already takes into account a 7,000 cap deficit. So I'm 14,000 under my TDEE?

1) Are you looking at a completed week?
    2) If it is a completed week, did you eat all your available calories everyday for the week?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

@middlehaitch - I think the OP is looking in the app at the nutrition section calories graph. Underneath the graph it tells you if you are over or under your net goal for the week.
  • Microscopes
    Microscopes Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

@middlehaitch - I think the OP is looking in the app at the nutrition section calories graph. Underneath the graph it tells you if you are over or under your net goal for the week.

Yes.

This.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Shucks, I never thought of that. Sorry @Microscopes, my bad.
    The TDEE ref threw me :/
    Cheers, h.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm about 1500 under for this week, which, considering I finish every day anywhere between 50 over and 500 under, makes sense. Do you finish every day well under your goal?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,019 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

This gives numbers from beginning of week - so, for argument sake, say your daily allowance is 1000 per day - I know it isn't but easy number to work with - then at beginning of week it will say 7000 remaining. If you ate 1000 on mon and tues, then beginning of wed would say 5000 remaining etc.
  • Microscopes
    Microscopes Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

This gives numbers from beginning of week - so, for argument sake, say your daily allowance is 1000 per day - I know it isn't but easy number to work with - then at beginning of week it will say 7000 remaining. If you ate 1000 on mon and tues, then beginning of wed would say 5000 remaining etc.

I don't think that's accurate.

I'm showing 9,000 now and my daily goal is almost 2,700 without 6 days left.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've got mine set to a rolling "last 7 days" and mine says I'm 4962 net calories under.
    By the end of the week , if you're eating all of your calories plus all of your exercise calories back, it should ideally say "0".
    Mines so far under because of the excess exercise calories I didn't eat back.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You can reset to show last 7 days or from mon-mon .
    If you are not eating back excersise cals it will show your net for the week is under.
    You must be not hitting 0 or minus numbers on a daily basis to get so much extra on your weekly net.
    What does your average goal say under nutrition that you eat? And what is your actual cal goal for each day?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,019 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

I don't think that's accurate.

I'm showing 9,000 now and my daily goal is almost 2,700 without 6 days left.

Can't comment on your numbers, but what I said is how it works.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

From your previous thread, you stated that you are M/29yo/5'11"/426lbs with a 2500 Calories per day goal and that you do weight training 3 times per week. You also have indicated in another thread that you chose Sedentary as your Activity Level. In another thread you indicated that you have a Fitbit synced and seem to be getting about 5000 steps, at least for that one day.

If you are going to ask for assistance, it would be to your advantage to include in your post some or all of the relevant information I had to dig up from your previous posts, instead of having other users ask so many questions and make so many assumptions about you and your specific situation when trying to answer your questions.

If you are logging 2500 Cals per day or fewer, which I think is likely, and your daily caloric goal of 2500 Cals at Sedentary already includes a two pound-per-week loss (1000 Cals per day), plus you are getting additional Calories added from your Fitbit and not eating those Calories back, again which I think is likely, then it is highly probable that you are in that much of a deficit.