What do you do on your C25K off days?

Options
Just curious...I'm not in good shape, I'm trying to lose weight (I know c25k is not necessarily a weight loss plan but I'm also changing my diet for the better) and I feel like I should do cardio on my off days but don't want to push myself too hard.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I don't do C25K, but I do run 2-3 days a week. I lift on non-running days and throw in some core work and a walk or short cardio/interval video. I'd suggest you look into a strength training program to do on your days off. It will help you retain muscle mass while you lose fat as well as being great for your bones and strength.
  • daylilies
    daylilies Posts: 92
    Options
    Thanks, I'll look for something :)
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I walk (lately have been trying to walk the full 5k. No running or jogging). And strength train. And/ or 30 day shred. Depends on my schedule. I do the C25K (currently on week 2, day 2) Tues, Thurs, Saturday, Strength train & walk Mon, Wed, Fri, 30 day shred (currently on week 1, day 5) Mon-Fri And only walk on Sunday.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Got a smart phone? Nike Training Club is an awesome free app full of great workouts. Grab some dumbbells and go for it - workouts from 15-45 minutes long, some use the weights, some just body weight, some more HIIT, some more focused on strength.

I started using it in between days with c25k, and a year and half later, it's still my routine - run 3 days, NTC 3 days. And I'll often throw in a 20 minute kickboxing DVD and/or walk my dogs as well, depends on the day.
  • daylilies
    Options
    Sorry! I forgot to check on this thread again! Thanks for the info :)
  • daylilies
    Options
    Got a smart phone? Nike Training Club is an awesome free app full of great workouts. Grab some dumbbells and go for it - workouts from 15-45 minutes long, some use the weights, some just body weight, some more HIIT, some more focused on strength.

I started using it in between days with c25k, and a year and half later, it's still my routine - run 3 days, NTC 3 days. And I'll often throw in a 20 minute kickboxing DVD and/or walk my dogs as well, depends on the day.

I'm trying to download Nike Training Club and it keeps telling me I don't have enough storage :(
  • stepher80
    stepher80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just posted basically this same question earlier today. I feel like I've not been consistent with my workouts on my non-running days and i feel like I need to add some strength training on my running days. I'm downloading the Nike Training Club app right now!
  • daylilies
    Options
    I just posted basically this same question earlier today. I feel like I've not been consistent with my workouts on my non-running days and i feel like I need to add some strength training on my running days. I'm downloading the Nike Training Club app right now!

How the heck do you do it? Maybe it's all my photos taking up space on my phone :(