30 min cake recipes for pupils

Options
MissFlawed
MissFlawed Posts: 89 Member
Hello everyone

I'm looking for a cake recipe that only takes 30-40 minutes, preferably without an oven. It has to be very easy as it is for pupils (age 12-14). The cakes need to be stapled on top of each other, to create a big wall of cake.
I have a budget of 10 euros per student.

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this challenge! :smiley:

Replies

• MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Let's sum this up: you're looking for non-bake cakes that can be put on top of each other? The problem I see is that if you make a fridge or freezer-cake, you need a couple of hours to set them in the fridge. Why do you need to make a wall of cake? Could you bake the cakes before your class and only build the wall with your pupils? Maybe you could pre-bake muffins and stick them together with melted chocolate but that's going to make a huge mess.
  • MissFlawed
    MissFlawed Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    MikaMojito wrote: »
    Let's sum this up: you're looking for non-bake cakes that can be put on top of each other? The problem I see is that if you make a fridge or freezer-cake, you need a couple of hours to set them in the fridge. Why do you need to make a wall of cake? Could you bake the cakes before your class and only build the wall with your pupils? Maybe you could pre-bake muffins and stick them together with melted chocolate but that's going to make a huge mess.

I can't do anything in advance, sadly, they can set in the fridge for a few hours though (two).

The theme I have to work with is 'a wall'. The other thing I can do is make a cake that looks like a wall and just put them next to eachother. Not a very high wall, but it works.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be cake?
    Rice krispie (or other cereal) treats would be quick, easy to make, cut and stack to make a wall.
    http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/the-original-treats
    http://food52.com/blog/8304-how-to-make-any-cereal-treats-without-a-recipe