Bodybeast on deficit

Options
Jayz395
Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, I'm starting bodybeast but still got a bit of weight to lose and don't fancy eating the massive calories, question is if I stayed on my calorie deficit to which I'm eating about 1600 a day will my muscles just tone? Has anyone done this? I've got other workouts but really don't fancy jumping round the livening room after work, thanks

Replies

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Muscle doesn't "tone". You can lose fat whilst holding on to the muscle you have which will give you that leaner look. More than anything, you'll probably just struggle with energy levels, but it's definitely doable.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If you do Body Beast on a deficit you just have to understand you're not going to see much if any muscle growth. You can improve strength, and hit new PR's, and progress but without a calorie surplus you're not going to "get big" or "toned". Like the poster above said muscles don't tone, you just lose enough fat that you start to see your muscles more and that gives the allusion of tones. The progressive overload system Sagi uses is broken down into a build and then bulk phase. The build will work perfectly fine for you in a deficit. The bulk is geared more towards those eating at a surplus and the set structure changes to lower reps higher weight. It's a great structured lifting program that is worth doing on a surplus or deficit. Just have to temper your expectations if you're not going to follow the eating plan to go along with the program.