High protein foods/ meals for picky eaters!

Options
I try to look up high protein recipes and meals and there's just some crazy recipes out there haha. I'm really picky so if anyone has any simple high protein ideas for me please share! And I'm always looking for new friends on here so if anyone wants to add me =] best of luck to everyone <3

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Well, what kind of foods do you like?
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I'm also a picky eater. I eat a lot of rotisserie chicken for protein (by itself, on a sandwich, in a salad, on pizza, etc). I also eat just about all whole grain or multigrain breads and pastas, which have more protein than regular (white) bread/pasta.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Well, what kind of foods do you like?

I love chicken, turkey, I like raw spinach but I feel like you have to use a ton to get much protein, I love most fruits, I'm picky when it comes to vegetables, i do like cooked broccoli, I like whole grain/wheat things but trying to stay away from too many carbs.. I have started Herbalife which gives me protein but I still need more for the day
  • emmagrace0818
    Options
    I'm also a picky eater. I eat a lot of rotisserie chicken for protein (by itself, on a sandwich, in a salad, on pizza, etc). I also eat just about all whole grain or multigrain breads and pastas, which have more protein than regular (white) bread/pasta.

Thank you! I love chicken, I'll just have to hit pinterest hard and find some healthy chicken recipes I think I'd like
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Consider eggs, nuts, PB , cod is very mild & could be seasoned as you like, ground turkey or chicken for burgers, meatballs, & pasta sauce.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I get most of my protein from eggs and greek yogurt. After that, chicken. You don't need anything complicated to make chicken taste good. Buy thin breasts (or pound thin), marinate for 30 minutes, and cook in a hot pan without any added oils- 4 minutes on one side, 3 on the next, covered the whole time. I promise you its delicious and you can play around with marinades or find some low cal ones in the condiment aisle. Or keep it really simple and grab a rotisserie chicken from Costco for $5. Yummm.
  • dubird
    Options
    Eggs are good, so is peanut butter. If you already like poultry, you've got a good source there. You might also look into different fish dishes. It is possible to cook fish and not have it smell or taste 'fishy' I have found out, so that's another good source.

Look through allrecipes.com for some good chicken ideas as well. It's free, and you can enter the recipe into MFP to get the nutrition info if it's not on the page. ^_^
  • avj_78
    avj_78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I make protien pancakes with egg whites and cottage cheese every morning. It gives me about 28g protien for only 244 calories (makes 3 good sized, filling pancakes!). Flavored canned tuna, turkey pepperoni (costco), GoodFood chicken salad (handy single servings at costco), and the occasional protien bars are my other grab n go staples.
  • dubird
    Options
    You can also try adding protien powder to food and drink. If they're flavorless, you can put it into just about anything to up your protien input.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat picky too. I have texture issues, so can't do shakes, but I'll mix some unflavored protein powder in my skim milk to eat with cereal. Or I'll add it to my soups. Other than that, eggs, chicken, fish, shrimp, lean beef, etc. Oh, for snacks I like Quest Protein chips and Forte Protein Gelato. I just found some protein salad dressing, but not too sold on that yet.
  • emmagrace0818
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I do love peanut butter, just gotta be careful BC I could eat that all day haha.. I don't like eggs but I have forced myself to eat them before for their health benefits, I'll try some kind of different way to eat them maybe.. I appreciate everyone's tips