Ecto, Meso, Endo, Macro?

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
I was reading about the different macro ratio's for the different body habitus i.e. Ectomorph, Mesomorph, Endomorph. I would say I am mostly Endomorph with a small portion of Mesomorph thrown in. The recommended macro ratio for Endomorphs is 25%carb, 35%protein, and 40%fat. Apparently endo's can be carb sensitive. Does anyone here eat according to their body type? Do you find that it works for you, not only weight loss wise but with energy and well being? or am I overthinking this. I like logging so fitting my menu to fit my macros is like a puzzle game for me otherwise there would be no hope in logging.

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Options
    nothing?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The body type myth is pretty old and has been debunked many times over. Ditch that thinking.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You're overthinking it. I've fallen into that trap, too, but read up on how somatypes were developed. They're made up diets based on how one person tried to match personality traits to body shape. You can safely ignore eating for your body type.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I've been different "types" at different stages of my life. I could be any of them.

It's just not scientific.

Eat what you love, within your calorie limit. Follow your doctor's instructions. Win.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Dude. Forget that. I'm by definitely a ectomorph-mesmomorph. So a typical hard gainer. And I believe that to the T. Until I just accepted that in order to gain weight you have to lift progressively and be at a constantly surplus of about 300 calories. Which for me Is about 3400-3500 a day. Same thing where there's specific lifting programs for each type. Just find a well structured program and stick with it for as long as you can. No need to switch it up every second week when you're still a beginner. I tried that, I could never keep track of my progress for every exercise. Now it's my main compound movements with my preferred isolation exercises.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    My bad.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I was reading about the different macro ratio's for the different body habitus i.e. Ectomorph, Mesomorph, Endomorph. I would say I am mostly Endomorph with a small portion of Mesomorph thrown in. The recommended macro ratio for Endomorphs is 25%carb, 35%protein, and 40%fat. Apparently endo's can be carb sensitive. Does anyone here eat according to their body type? Do you find that it works for you, not only weight loss wise but with energy and well being? or am I overthinking this. I like logging so fitting my menu to fit my macros is like a puzzle game for me otherwise there would be no hope in logging.

Those body types are a discredited system that was designed for psychiatric diagnosis.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Hmmm well I am def not needing it for psychiatric purposes but I like the LCHF (but not ridiculously so) macro ratio so I think I will use the macro ratio because it seems to fit my eating style pretty well, I am satisfied and have plenty of energy throughout the day, So I guess even if it is BS at least I can still pull something useful from it.