Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

CLA yay or nay ?

mellyo77
mellyo77 Posts: 214 Member
edited January 2022 in Debate Club
So I am curious to people's thoughts on CLA. I have done a lot of research on food, but moving into supplements is newer territory for me. I have a friend I recently spoke to whom is more knowledgeable with regards to supplements, but I was curious if people have seen results with CLA use, and what their experiences are....Do people feel it is beneficial at all ? From my reading thus far it seems as though supplements are kind of a flavor of the week type thing.

Replies

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated+Linoleic+Acid/
    CLA has been investigated to be a fat burner and health promoting agent due to its effect on a molecular signalling receptor family named PPAR which is related to fat burning, steroid signalling, inflammation, and glucose/lipid metabolism.

However, human studies on CLA are very unreliable and the overall effects seen with CLA are not overly potent as well as sometimes contradicting. CLA is a good research standard to investigated fatty acids and the PPAR system, but its usage as a supplement for personal goals is quite lacklustre.

Examine is pretty good for finding supplement information.
  • mellyo77
    mellyo77 Posts: 214 Member
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.