Helpful Tips/Motivation

Options
Hello, my name is Majesta. I'm 20 years old will be 21 in less than 2 months! I'm 5'3" 180lbs! I'm trying to lose at least 50lbs! Just looking for people with helpful tips on the exercises I should do and any diet ideas they might have. I recently joined Planet Fitness and cut pop out of my diet and I've already lost 5lbs and have only gone 4 times! Could also use motivation for the days that I feel like I might die and want to just give up. Just add me as a friend and I will also try to help you.

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Hi there, you're off to a great start! Seriously... most people try overhauling everything all at once. But you joined a gym and nixed an obvious variable in your diet. And you're seeing results. That's what it's all about. Slowly evolving your habits.

Motivation is obviously important, but even more than that I'd argue you have to have a system that meets you where you're at. This way, you can commit to it IN SPITES of what motivation might be on any given day. This is especially important given the fickle nature of motivation.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • c_mr_chaps
    c_mr_chaps Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    your doing good, taking small steps to get started, to keep things going do some research on exercises you may want to try, good nutritious foods you may want to try (not diets just simple foods)