When do you stop being cold?

Options
2»

Replies

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I'm often cold during the winter. But then, I'm quite slender with a little muscle mass and very little body fat.
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    TuesdayMarch01st2016 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Since I don't sweat I generally get warm very quickly. Heck I helped my hubby build a grill yesterday outside and it was at most 40℉ and I was perfectly fine with a thin jacket.

I am always cold, I don't sweat & I'm 8 pounds away from being obese.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the feeling so much as the times I feel I need to shiver and can't stop.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Never.

Wait till you hit menopause. You'll be warm, alright.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Since I don't sweat I generally get warm very quickly. Heck I helped my hubby build a grill yesterday outside and it was at most 40℉ and I was perfectly fine with a thin jacket.

I am always cold, I don't sweat & I'm 8 pounds away from being obese.

I don't sweat because of genetics and my kidneys but, when I get warm all my extremities swell and it gets super uncomfortable. So that is why I stay warm a lot of the time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I went from having uncomfortable hot flashes just about every day ... and overheating every time I got up to do anything ... to feeling quite comfortably cool most of the time. :)
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    emmahhjo wrote: »
    Hi y'all. I'm 10 pounds away from my goal (over 20 pounds down) and I'm FREEZING ALL THE TIME. I live in Texas. It is really not that cold, but I can only warm up with help from external sources (heater/the sun/boyfriend).

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do besides (obviously) more layers? Does it stop?

Sorry, but living in Chicago, just can't generate much sympathy about the idea of feeling cold in TEXAS! :smile: I think it kinda depends how consistent it is. Your body does adapt and generate more heat. Is it all over or extremities?