butt help!

kmkgurl
kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
Is it possuble to lose weight and gain a butt? If i were to do a lot of squats and lunges and all that woul it make my butt smaller or would it make it rounder and perkier? I dont wanna lose my *kitten* i wanna add on to it and make iy better looking cause its starting to look saddenin lol ill take all the info i can get :) thanks in advance

Replies

• Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Squats all day everyday will give you that *kitten* you always wanted, nothing else needs added to this thread.

Simple, as that.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Heavy squats, heavy lunges, heavy stiff-legged deadlifts
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Squats with weight has definitely perked up my butt. Up to 70 lbs now!

I know it's nothing compared to others, but like I've said MANY times, I'm squatting with a backpack.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    There are a lot of exercises that promote glute perkiness and roundness. Check out 'Strong Curves' by Bret Contreras for exercises beyond squats and lunges. There is no guarantee that you'll get any bigger, but you'll get stronger, and whatever you've got will be rounder and firmer.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    There are a lot of exercises that promote glute perkiness and roundness. Check out 'Strong Curves' by Bret Contreras for exercises beyond squats and lunges. There is no guarantee that you'll get any bigger, but you'll get stronger, and whatever you've got will be rounder and firmer.

I agree. :)
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Squats all day everyday will give you that *kitten* you always wanted, nothing else needs added to this thread.

Simple, as that.

^^^ this equals win ^^^
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member

Agreement from me also.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member

Agreement from me also.

I got it on a tip from BinaryPulsar! Also, since I've been doing the Strong Curves exercises, some nagging adductor pain I'd been having has cleared up.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Heavy squats, heavy lunges, heavy stiff-legged deadlifts

^^^ Totally
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member

Agreement from me also.

I got it on a tip from BinaryPulsar! Also, since I've been doing the Strong Curves exercises, some nagging adductor pain I'd been having has cleared up.

I probably learned about it from mfp recommendations. I signed up for updates, but only after a while did I realize how much I actually liked it. And then went out to get the book.

He is the glute guy. Worth checking it out. It's also a heavy lifting program with compound moves.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Add deadlift as well. Posterior chain magic.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Someone recently enlightened me on the benefits of hip thrusts & glute bridges. They target the glutes as well as the hamstrings. You could look into those. I incorporated them both Monday and today in addition to my regular squat/lunge/deadlift routine and will not be walking for the remainder of the week.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    squats.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Squats are great, but there are lots of exercises for glutes. The old buns of steel videos didn't have squats. Also Ballet lifts your butt. Pilates has glute moves as well.

Bad knees, squats are out, but my butt doesn't sag because I do lots of exercises for glutes.

I will be checking out Strong Curves though as well.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Seconding the bridges for glutes and hamstrings. One-legged to make it really burn.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    squat butt...

Squats-2.jpg
  • KSBeautyintheBuff
    KSBeautyintheBuff Posts: 14 Member
    Here is the thing, you have to get over the idea of "losing your *kitten*". The harsh reality is you probably have fat on your *kitten*. which means, when you lose fat you will lose your butt. This doesn't mean you are going to look like you just have a back and a crack but your butt may appear to look smaller.

However, lifting heavy and doing the suggested exercises above will tighten, make your butt rounder and perkier. The cool thing is that the more muscle you build the bigger your butt can look. I had a small butt to begin and most of my fat was in my mid section. So after spending so much time lifting, my butt tighten and "appeared" bigger because it was shaped better, rounder.

I didn't lose much of a butt but I lost a lot of my boobs...but its fat!

I have a pic of my little booty progress on page if you wanted to see what I am referring to.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    My butt deflated with weight loss and primarily cardio for exercise, but it made a rebound with strength training. Machines at the gym (glute press, leg press, etc.) made a big improvement, but switching to free weights (squats, deadlifts) was the holy grail.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    If you like workouts DVDs that you can do at home, Brazil Butt Lift is a good one. And it's fun!
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    My butt deflated with weight loss and primarily cardio for exercise, but it made a rebound with strength training. Machines at the gym (glute press, leg press, etc.) made a big improvement, but switching to free weights (squats, deadlifts) was the holy grail.
    Word. Free weights are where its at.