Recomp friends?

Options
Hi all! I've lost somewhere around 15lbs-20lbs and am actively trying to change the way I look without losing any more. I am specifically looking to gain muscle and lower my bodyfat percentile.

I am 5'9" and 130lbs, and am probably around 22%-25% body fat. It's softer than I prefer, and my overall goal is to build a trim figure as opposed to lose much more weight. My goal is somewhere around 17%-18% body fat.

Add me if your goals are similar :)

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    yup, that's me!
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation with similar stats (OK, 10 more pounds). Probably aiming for around 20% body fat, then see where I go from there. Adding you both.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4/120lbs (down from 157lbs). I'm at around 23-24% fat and trying to recomp. You can add me if you like.
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm 109 and 5' 3" small frame so about 21% BF. Exclusively weight lifting to recomp.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Me too, trying to drop BF before I start a lean bulk :)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    yes! That was me about two years ago. I was a bit to "soft" than I wanted to be too. I lost about 10 lbs and lowered my BF%. I am 42 and feel great! :smile:

Congrats on your weight loss! There are a lot of people on here that can offer some really good advice. What worked for me was a combo of HIIT training and weight lifting.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    In theory that is me. I just need to push myself to get back to the gym more often. Just swamped with school. I know I make excuses, but I will live with the consequences.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I'm glad to find people in the same situation! I hope we can all learn from one another.
  • sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Our stats are very similar! I'm 5'9'' and 137. Not looking to lose more weight, but gain muscle. Add me if you like!
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm much shorter but 5'4" and 129 and ready to build some muscle! Feel free to add me :)
  • Dula73
    Dula73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Likewise in a recomp. 5'7" and 120lbs.

Finding it so slow at the moment, so looking for additional inspiration from seeing others progress!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, 5'2" & 116-117 lbs. around 19-20% BF. Been maintaining for about a month. Took measurements today and my hips were down .25" & bicep & calves up a little. I lift 5x/week (PHUL 4 days & glute day).
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You can add me! 19 years old, 5'4, 102ish lbs. I'm trying C25K again and a 30 day ab challege.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me. I'm down 40+ lbs since Turkey Day, started trying to "recomp" January-ish. Trying not to lose more weight, but I still seem to be dropping more than I'd like. I just finished C25K and I'm doing a YAYOG program for my recomp. Its slow but I think I see changes. I don't do the measurement thing, probably should but...

Feel free to add me! Always looking for like-minded friends!
  • bmj2015
    bmj2015 Posts: 31 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 125 (down from 138). I started recomp about 3 weeks ago. This includes a heavy lifting program and eating at maintenance calories (still kind of figuring out what this number is for me.) My BF is around 23-24% right now. I'd like to get it down under 20%.

Please feel free to add! Love to meet people with similar goals.

ETA: Aside from my lifting program, other activity includes HIIT, yoga and a bit of cardio. Won't give any of those up, love them too much. But I've added heavy lifting and I am loving it.
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm very like some people on here although at 52 I'm probably older than most! Im down to 148 lbs after losing 72 lbs since June.
    I have been exercising with light weights and have just started stronglifts 5x5 and love it although there was no way I was able to lift the weight I was supposed to. I had to just reduce it to what I could lift and start from there. I also do HIIT and walk. My goal is to build muscle esp my back and butt!
    Add me if your goals are similar
  • skittlebitz
    skittlebitz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Anybody on here may as well add me too! 5'7 and 140lb, cutting for the time being until I'm not so pudgy then recomping from then on!
  • frantzcr
    frantzcr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Kkallisti wrote: »
    Hi all! I've lost somewhere around 15lbs-20lbs and am actively trying to change the way I look without losing any more. I am specifically looking to gain muscle and lower my bodyfat percentile.

I am 5'9" and 130lbs, and am probably around 22%-25% body fat. It's softer than I prefer, and my overall goal is to build a trim figure as opposed to lose much more weight. My goal is somewhere around 17%-18% body fat.

Add me if your goals are similar :)

Haha we are already friends! But I'm in the exact same situation as you! 5'9", reached 130lbs, don't want to lose much more and want to focus on muscle. I don't want to look massive with a 6 pack but I want that elusive V abs! I came in at 25% bf this morning but I think that's up from my pizza binge this weekend. Also want to be in the 18% area. First goal is to get down to 20%!