How much protein?

Options
lemur_lady
lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
I have recently started doing some weight training in the hope that I will not lose too much muscle while I am trying to lose weight. I do not wish to add any muscle and as I understand it, it would be impossible to do on a caloric deficit anyway?

I know a lot of people on here suggest having their macros set at 40/30/30. This however gives me a huge amount of protein which I find very very hard to reach, most days im happy if I can reach half that. In order to try and up it, and for a quick protein fix after a workout I have ordered some protein powder.

My question is: how much protein do I need to consume per day to try and ensure I do not lose much muscle?

I am 5'3 weigh 291lbs and my calorie goal is currently 2070.

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have recently started doing some weight training in the hope that I will not lose too much muscle while I am trying to lose weight. I do not wish to add any muscle and as I understand it, it would be impossible to do on a caloric deficit anyway?

I know a lot of people on here suggest having their macros set at 40/30/30. This however gives me a huge amount of protein which I find very very hard to reach, most days im happy if I can reach half that. In order to try and up it, and for a quick protein fix after a workout I have ordered some protein powder.

My question is: how much protein do I need to consume per day to try and ensure I do not lose much muscle?

I am 5'3 weigh 291lbs and my calorie goal is currently 2070.

About 160g of protein. Eat more chicken, turkey & tuna and drink protein shakes.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks defmut3 :)