Would appreciate knowledgeable tips/support on gaining mass/volume for Guys

Options
DanPJ80
DanPJ80 Posts: 10 Member
Hey I'm new here and would like to get the most out of the app and everyone's knowledge.
Im a 36 year old guy, 5'7", 150 lbs, pretty lean but not muscular (I dont think). Have always worked out and been athletic, played soccer, but have never been able to reach my fitness goal. I know the basics, but I cant still get there. I dont want to be a body builder, just nice toned body but my metabolism doesnt hel, too fast I believe.

Any input?

Thank you

Replies

• jesslynn9293
    jesslynn9293 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not extremely knowledgeable about this stuff, but if you're having trouble with gaining body mass, I would say more carbs and protein.
    I don't know if you're already using a protein supplement or anything, but you can find some pretty easily at any health food store.
    You can also ask people who work at those stores and they can probably help you decide what to do also.
    Of corse they will be trying to sell their products and have a biased opinion of them though, but it could at least give you some ideas.
  • DanPJ80
    Options
    I'm not extremely knowledgeable about this stuff, but if you're having trouble with gaining body mass, I would say more carbs and protein.
    I don't know if you're already using a protein supplement or anything, but you can find some pretty easily at any health food store.
    You can also ask people who work at those stores and they can probably help you decide what to do also.
    Of corse they will be trying to sell their products and have a biased opinion of them though, but it could at least give you some ideas.

Thanks Jess,

I do take supplements, but pretty much hit a wall every time I reach my peaks. Usually no spot at the gym so I cant really get out of my confort zone... thats when I stop seeing growth
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

Thanks Jess,

I do take supplements, but pretty much hit a wall every time I reach my peaks. Usually no spot at the gym so I cant really get out of my confort zone... thats when I stop seeing growth

I haven't had a spotter in years but have made gains. Power racks are great for pushing your limits safely. Do you workout in a cycle or all out all of the time. I love to give my all but my gains will inevitably stop and then recede if I don't cycle my workout intensity/volume/loads.
  • Lowerklass1
    Lowerklass1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Master four exercises
    Bench press, deadlift, military press and squat.
    Day 1- chest
    Day 2 - back
    Day 3 - Upper body (shoulders, biceps)
    Day 4 - squat
    Lift around 80-90% of your max rep
    Do 3-4 sets of 4-6 reps
    Stay away from drugs! Lol
    No need for supplements however I would recommend a good quality protein shake if ya struggling to hit 150g (how much you should be having for your weight), vitamin D, best source - the sun!
    Plenty of water, perhaps creative ( I don't like it though, makes me feel abit strange, don't know why). Multivitamins (good quality). There's so much garbage out there, scamming people with worthless products.
    Ya looking good man, I would just say this too: make sure you rest 2-3 mins between sets and try to understand when ya body is needing a rest. This week is defo a rest week for me,
  • DanPJ80
    Options
    Thanks 4theking and sonnyshoker, lets see what happens in the next 3 months...